Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:: Had dealer change leaking oil pump seal on tranny, told them to reuse the Transynd, as it was recently put in.I picked up the truck in the dark and drove home 20 mi. Next morning i wake up to tranny fluid all over my garage floor. I looked under the truck and it is soaked in fluid from tranny to rear dif . The first thing i did was check the dipstick and to no real suprise it was reading a half inch ABOVE the HOT line ! Three gueses were the fluid under my truck came from ? What i am realy p----d about is the tech had to add a lot of dextron to get it to that level, when the work order clearly said use transynd only. As far as i,m concerned they contaminated my Transynd. What would you say to the Service Mnager?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Send a flatbed and lot of oildry!

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I THINK Dex III and TranSynd are compatible...im not 100% positive tho...

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yes they are compatible. I would be more concerned about using used oil. I know it is new and everything but you are likely to add a lot of contaminates unless they were very careful about collecting it, storing it and re-pouring it.

I bet your transynd is in a used oil bin somewhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand that dextron is compatable with transynd but my point is they were instructed to use transynd only! and to add insult to injury they overfilled the tranny to the extent it presurised and blew all over the truck.Should i be concerned about potential problems because of that?

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Call serice manager. IF you can get him to come over to your house and see the mess....... Make a very big issue out of this. Be very adament about getting this corrected.

It depends on your time and when the dealership opens.

Also take some pictures and keep some for yourself. Threaten to send some to the local paper.....

But give the manager a chance to correct the issue first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts