Diesel Place banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Did a ride a long with the CHP out of Oakland. Was told (among other things) If you are in CA, then CA laws apply. End of story. For example if you are from NV and have tinted windows, you are going to be ticketed in CA (front windows can't be tinted in CA). (his example, not mine)..
We spent most of out time writing seat belt tickets, 1 speeding ticket, towing a car, moving furniture that fell off a truck into traffic lanes off the road, and 1 property damage only accident, 2 major injury accidents (one in the backup from moving the furniture, the other from hitting the divider at Jackson st onramp to N880. Teenagers kid brother was almost ejected, big mess..

·
Registered
99 Posts
My understanding in CA for CA residents is you need a CDL with doubles endorsement. If you are from out of state and have the license that makes it legal in your state you are legal here, but you are restricted to the limits(length, etc) of CA. I believe those are 65ft total, but if all are 28'6" or less you can go to 75ft.

I'm guessing the same rules apply to other states. You have to follow their rules, but the license will carry over if legal in your state.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts