Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hi: My solenoid sounded like it was gone, so I started by replacing solenoid--which worked for four days.
Now, starter engages but won't spin. I had starter rebuilt -- batteries are good, wires all seem to be in good shape--but it still won't start. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

It's best to go with a new reduction gear starter on these bad boys. The compression of the motor is astounding.

How about low voltage, did you refresh the connections and grounds on the batteries? Maybe bad battery cable.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
We need to know what your drivin so you could update your signature in UserCP section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking it might have something to do with braided ground wire, but can't see where it connects to. No connection visible, at all, of a braided ground wire, to starter.
I just assumed that the engine block was the ground.
Does this help?

thanks for the quick help, too, by the way

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Could be ground wires may have changed over the years.

Battery hot cable to starter, ground from battery to block, braided cable to frame and body.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I do know that v8 starters take alot of beating and pull alot. From my expierences the grounds have alot to do with starters as well as the positive side to.

Not sure if I read it but does it even click any noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
problem solved

Thanks everyone! The problem was the spacer on the shoulder harness on battery, on the positive side of the battery.

Now I have my truck back.

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.