Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this list and I have a M1028 CUCV (i.e. C30 chevy with 6.2L).

My starter went out last week. Took the starter off and had it checked it is good. Started voltage testing no juice to the selonide trip wire. The manual says to check the starter relay, but I have no clue where it is or what it looks like. Can anyone give me a good discription or a picture of where the relay is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
the CUCV series have a starter relay under the dash, right behind the ashtray. You should look for a metal box with a black plastic base. They're failing frequently.

A solution might be, to mount a ford starter relay in the engine compartment and reroute the wiring.

The guys from ColoradoK5 did it here:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=deisel&Number=990498&Forum=,f21,&Words=starter%20relay&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=618473&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post990498

Regards.Walter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I've been looking in the wrong place!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it and it's fried. Does anyone have the part number to the little thing. All the auto parts stores in my town don't show it in their books and I need a part number to help them find it. I hate to go to dealerships and pay their prices.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
The manual shows it as 15591718

Walter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts