Diesel Place banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks ! i will try to get an original GP relay very soon, as i said before parts are rare and owners too, most of these 6.5 GM trucks are abandoned here and they have a bad reputation because people don't know **** of how to treat them right ! i don't know what i'm going to do i'm really lost now ! but i will try hardly to fix this issue in next few days ...

·
My 6.5 scared a prius
1,215 Posts
Just take your time... take deep breaths and look on this forum.. they have pictures and diagrams on where things are and what wire go where, we are all here to help and will take the time with you to get things figured out correctly. the issues you are having takes patience.. and sometimes a LOT of it. just remember, it isnt your fault the truck is like this, but You are the one that is going to make it right... TRUST ME it will feel GREAT once things are together like they should be and looking proper. Time and Care are the 2 main things it takes to keep ANY vehicle maintained. Just do 1 thing at a time, dont rush into 3 or 4 projects at once... it gets overwhelming and frustrating, just do 1 at a time, check it off your list and work on the next. your main thing, Glow plug relay and wires. next thing, making sure the wiring and OPS (oil position sensor) is wired correctly. Then go from there. Just step back and breathe and take your time. Trust me, Gas engines are no easier to work on, you have spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor, coil, carburator, all those more things than you would have on a diesel.

Reactions: Raji

·
Administrator
16,300 Posts
Thanks ! i will try to get an original GP relay very soon, as i said before parts are rare and owners too, most of these 6.5 GM trucks are abandoned here and they have a bad reputation because people don't know **** of how to treat them right ! i don't know what i'm going to do i'm really lost now ! but i will try hardly to fix this issue in next few days ...
If other 6.5L trucks are truly abandoned out there, then I would be going out and harvesting parts off those trucks to keep as spare parts when needed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Ok, if you have to plug a wire in to run the glow plugs And the Lift Pump(fuel pump) then that is a MAJOR issue!!!!
I've checked it a few minutes and i took these pictures :

You can see the melt on black scotch due to wires extreme heat, i'm trying to upload another picture for the fuse box ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
If other 6.5L trucks are truly abandoned out there, then I would be going out and harvesting parts off those trucks to keep as spare parts when needed...
Only if i had money i will save all the abandoned American tresors here and not only 6.5's ... :confuzeld , i will try to upload some picture i took of the abandoned 6.5's that i found.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
A few days ago i had talked to a friend about the subject and he suggested me to adapt a Perkins engine flame glow plug into the intake to get rid both of the original gp's and ether starts ! any ideas ?!

·
Super Moderator Eco-Logistical
4,271 Posts
well... they can work, but they use fuel, and have an open flame in the intake manifold... the intake manifold has oil in it, and can start burning fairly badly in some cases...

I would recommend you pull all the glow plugs you can get from some of those abandoned trucks!

really, I'd order a set of 8 bosch duraterms or ac-delco 60G's and have a reliable starting truck.

that melted wire is the result of joining 3 wires to one clip... not good... likely not well joined either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hello guys, is there a parts supplier for the 6.5 engines located on Montreal, Canada? i'm currently contacting a friend which he is living there so may be if we find a good parts supplier near him he will purchase the glow-plugs and ship them to me from there.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts