Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other morning went to start the truck and I got a really bad starter grind so I immediatly shut the key off. Tried again and got the same thing. On the third try it finally engaged, but the truck just started real quick then died. Did this about 5 times and finally I started it like an old carburated gasser, pumping the peda lightlyl and it started fine and hasn't done it since? Any ideas? How am I goin to get the stealer to replace the starter if thats the prob only so often?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Possibly lost prime? But that wouldn't explain the starter stumble.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine does that everytime it snows or there is a heavy rain.

If this probloem just started get ready because the next thing that will happen is that your starter will engage while the truck is running.If you are lucky it will just burn out that 40amp fuse if you are not lucky your starter will be fried and if you are me then your starter will fry and you flywheel will be ruined and you will have to spend big denero just to get back to where you were right before it went out.

I have already gone through this once and now it is starting to do it again so here goes another $1000 most likely.:rant:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts