Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new intake on my duramax. It is a AEM Brute Force Air Intake. If something breaks on my truck should I put my stock air box on before taking it in for service or should they honor my warranty. I know this has been a debate for a while but what does GM have to say about this. I know on my old powerstroke I had it straight piped chiped and air intake on it and they always honered my warranty and said they liked the way it ran. I just wanted to know how GM treats people with mods done to their rigs.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You should be fine with most dealers. I know with my dealer i wouldn't even hesitate to take it in with the juice. I think it mostly depends on your dealer. I can't imagine you having problems with just the Intake.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
its gonna depend on the dealer. Some may argue it and others could care less. The only concern I could see is if you were setting MAF codes or such. Let your svc mgr know ahead of time to avoid the 'suprise' factor, that should help.

Eric

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Sorry Eric, I didn't mean to answer your questions. I did't realise what forum I was in until now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts