Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is or has anyone used or currently running this??

"Stanadyne's Fuel Manager module water separator / fuel filtration system"

I guess I haven't read of anyone talking about it. I don't know what it costs either...From the picture of it, it appears to have a drain valve on the bottom of the housing?? If you know something about the above please let me know.

Thanks;

Warden

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I can already tell you that the people on this page with vested interest in other filters/additives are going to tell you it sucks. Also the innocent people that have already purchaced another brand of additive/filter are going to tell you it sucks. If there is the chance that there is something out there that is better than what they bought then they might have to spend more money.

After midnight rant.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Some folks are using the Stanadyne FM100 both as a filter or a filter/lift pump combination. I have one with a 30 micron element that functions as a pre-filter for my AC lift pump. (I also use a 2-micron Mega Filter in the POST OEM position for fine filtration). The FM100 is well made (IMHO), reasonably priced, and a flexible design. It can be configured with a lift pump, heater, clear drain bowl and accommodates several different element sizes down to 2-micron. It was also one of the first 2-micron filters that some folks were using and discussing in the original TDP fuel filter threads. The only down side I seem to remember was that when using the FM100 with 2-micron elements pre-oem, it might require more frequent changing. I have the short 30 micron element and it went 10k without any problem but I wouldn't go any longer. I bought mine from Reliable Industries (nice people to deal with).

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Bronco said:
I can already tell you that the people on this page with vested interest in other filters/additives are going to tell you it sucks. Also the innocent people that have already purchaced another brand of additive/filter are going to tell you it sucks. If there is the chance that there is something out there that is better than what they bought then they might have to spend more money.

After midnight rant.
That's bogus.

I run a Racor in the Kennedy position and I'm a moderator on a Nicktane run site

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bronco, Why all the negative stuff?

I have a Stanadyne FM100 pump with 5 mic filter in a per OEM position and I think it is one of the best designed filter/pump assemblies out there. It has to be the easiest filter to change with very little mess and the filters are reasonably priced. Pictures here:

http://www.corpair.com/dmax/dmax.htm

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I am a little negative because there is never any clear outcomes on this site. Every time I have been in any kind of think tank/discussion group(non diesel related) you come to a clear outcome. I feel like there is just to much salesmanship on this forum sometimes. Every body is pimpn what they sale or use. Nobody is lookin at the facts. We really do love our trucks,it just can be blinding sometimes. If we can not trust GM, then why do we drive there vehicles?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I think I might of just answered my las question.

Why do we trust GM? The answer is I don't. I have replaced blown schocks at 21k. and I have a steering shaft clunk that has no real solution in sight. I think I am still in a daze about the fact I spent 40k and the quality of my wifes 95 Cavalier was better than the quaility on my truck. It was not in my original budget to reengineer my truck. I thought I was buying a very dependable work horse not a fixxer upper/hobby truck. I have a old Bronco that gives me a fair share of fits. This Silverado was suppose to be no more that a monthly payment and a tow truck. Americal is going to he**. We willl be working for the enemy within the next 10 years. Our children will be the ones in sweat shops. GM GIVE ME A BREAK. YOU ARE CAUSING ME PHYSCOLLIGICAL PROBLEMS! I LOVE TO DRIVE THE TRUCK. I HATE TO FIX IT. I LOVE TO BUY FUN PARTS. I HATE BUY NESECCARY PARTS. IT IS DEFINATLY A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP AND I AM NOT SURE WHO IS WINNING.Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Bronco said:
I It was not in my original budget to reengineer my truck. I thought I was buying a very dependable work horse not a fixxer upper/hobby truck.

How true is that! my last truck that started with the letter F all i did to her was add a leaf in the front, Hyperteched her, and then drove. This truck I droped $800 with only 50miles on it for a set of 265s, installed a high idle so it would warm up faster, $80 for a winter front, and now $200+ for after market fuel filter, oh and $200+ for Bilstien shocks. The truck is only 3months old!!!! Even installing the CB radio was a MAJOR pain in the ass.

And the sad part.....she stickered for $49,000!!!!

I feel your pain Bronco, but the problem is that the Die Hards will never see it through our glasses.

I do love my truck, but even the Die Hards would to agree it is nuts with all I needed to do it! Edited by: NoWake200

·
Registered
611 Posts
Bronco,

You need to call Dr Laura

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Blame it on the engineers.........

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Somebody like 1fatcat comes along and scares everybody off the mod scene. Just think what things would be like if no one here did anything but drive their trucks 100% stock for fear of 1fatcat.

No tire mods
No fuel filter add ons
No performance enhancements
No air filter mods
No tranny mods... deep pan... rear Mag-Hytek cover.

Then when you go in for service he still might void your warranty for "contaminated fuel" and you didn't do anything

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hoot, that is also very true and very scary!

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Hoot I would of never ever found this sight if wasn't for my steering shaft clunk. I had no intentions of ever modifying my truck. Out of necessity I put on new tires. Completly shot at 17k. No warranty. I replaced the shocks to help my tires. Pulled them off and found them to be shot as well. Put the exaust on hoping to get enough power to tow my little wimpy trailer at 5000 foot plus alltitude. Now I need a power module because my gas millage has went to hell. I continue to hang around this site hoping for some real solutions and a few laughs.

My 66 Ford Bronco is where my true heart lies. It is my fixxer upper. It has 10k into it and is worth 5k. I do not care. I know more about Ford running gear and small block Fords than you could ever imagine. I am glad you love to fix up your trucks, but i was under the impression I would not have to if I chose not to. It is not about warranty. It is about money. I do not live with my parents and I am not independantly wealthy. My powerball numbers are probally not going to hit anytime soon. I want my kids to be able to go to college and I want to retire someday. The truck was suppose to help with all of that. I am starting to wonder if I wasn't blinded by patriotism. (911) That is the time frame when I decided to support America. It just took me a litlle while to buy the truck. If I do not get a permanent solution to my steering shaft I willl either sell the truck and never, ever buy GM again. Any of the big three for that matter. Or I will be the one driving around wth a lemon sticker on the side of my truck. I think maybe Diesel customers in general are toy haulin tetestorone induced overgrown children. Myself included. I think the big 3 realized the same thing and is captalizing on that. Is there quality in any of the big 3. Is there good customer service? Is there good warranty work/fixes ?Edited by: Bronco

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
You think it's bad now? Do you remember the 50's and 60's when the average lifespan of an engine was like 60,000 miles? Wait.... maybe you're right?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Thanks all of you for listening. I am better now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hang in there Bronco, discussing and debating is what a forum is all about.

HarryK

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bronco,

Lots of folks had the steering shaft clunk, rattle, or whatever you call it on the '01 trucks. I was lucky, the second time I took it in, the dealer installed a new steering box. Our trucks are only as good as the service departmenst that we have to deal with. If you don't get your truck fixed at your dealer, take it to another dealer.

By the way, I have a '71 Bronco sitting the garage. Turbocharged 200 cu in six and some other goodies. I have owned it for 15 years or so but haven't driven it in 2 or 3 years.

Yeah I know guys, this aint got nothing go do with filters. Sorry.

Lee

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Glclary,

Turbo?

I am going to put a few more miles on my truck and let the steering clunk become a little more pronounced. I will then take it in to the dealer for the second time. Hopefully they get it right. There is another guy named Dustin in another post having similar problems. He mentioned a aftermarket steering section? He did also mention that the dealer told him this was "NORMAL" for his truck. Webster defines normal:Conforming, adhearing to, or constitutinng a typicical or usual standard, pattern, level or type.

I think if you are in any category that is less than 10% of the total than you are not really normal. That's my definition. I am hoping I am not told my problem is normal. That would mean I could go jump in almost any truck on the lot and it would do the exact same thing. I will let you know what happens once I give them a second chance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bronco, yeah the turbo blows into a 2bl carb. Its really different. I did it when I was pulling a bass boat with the Bronco.

My dealers favorite reponse was "could not duplicate problem" till I found out who the best mechanic in the dealership is. Now I won't let anybody but him work on it. He's a DMaxAlliTech kind of guy. Don't know how he feels about most mods but he told me to bring in my secondary filter when I get it and he would install it.

Edited by: glclary

·
Registered
617 Posts
If the stearing clunk is normal, my '02 is abnormal. Never had any kind of problems with noises. I guess I'm just lucky?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts