Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how the stanadyne says it helps prevent fuel gelling when it will freeze up and gel up when it is in its own bottle in the sub-zero weather. Doesn't really make sense to me!! I know it is an additive but it says it on the bottle about helps prevent fuel gelling. Is there other stuff I can get that won't freeze up when I keep it in the truck?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hehe, i was wondering the same thing this morning when i saw my stanadyne in my back seat this morning. it looked a lil thicker than usual

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That can't be very good seeing that knowing you are putting that in your fuel huh!! I didn't like that sight at ALL!!!

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
The freeze point of Stanadyne drops dramatically when mixed with diesel.

I use Power Service white bottle in the winter, and have have not had any problems with it freezing up in 0 degree F weather yet. It pours just fine, and I store the bottle in the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope so cause that doesn't look very promising to me!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its like anti freeze and water .With out the water the anti freeze will freeze alone.The chemical reaction with diesel it will not freeze.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
sounds convincing enough for me maxy :)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
maxy;1574078; said:
Its like anti freeze and water .With out the water the anti freeze will freeze alone.The chemical reaction with diesel it will not freeze.
:exactly:

·
Registered
69 Posts
really cold in Wisconsin

I have been using Standyne performance formula on each tankful, I have not had any problems starting my Diesel. It got down to -15 below 0 two night in a row. My truck sit outside all night and all day. I recomend this product to take care of any gelling of fuel!!!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anybody mixed it and set it out in the sub-zero temperatures? I haven't and what I saw by itself it was pretty much FROZE UP!!!! Real nice!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well I have been using it in my truck for the last little while and it has been in the -20's for the last few nights and I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
FYI Power Service (white bottle) is more then half diesel IIRC that is why it doesn't gel when in the container.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Blacksmoke07;1576538; said:
Has anybody mixed it and set it out in the sub-zero temperatures? I haven't and what I saw by itself it was pretty much FROZE UP!!!! Real nice!!!
Not mixed with #2 but had a couple bottles sitting out on my deck when it was going down to -5˚ several nights in a row and -15 - -20 with the wind chill and it never froze up or got thicker at all. Haven't had a single problem with gelling yet. (great, now I'm F__cked...):damnit1::banghead:

·
Registered
150 Posts
BudTX;1573996; said:
The freeze point of Stanadyne drops dramatically when mixed with diesel.

I use Power Service white bottle in the winter, and have have not had any problems with it freezing up in 0 degree F weather yet. It pours just fine, and I store the bottle in the bed of the truck.
I know a couple guys who do the same with no problems... mostly depends on the fuel you are buying...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I use it in my truck down to -40, and have had no problems so far. It will be fine when mixed with fuel.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have noticed the stanadyne will get almost 'slushy' when it gets really cold but I added it to my tank anyway and never had a problem with gelling.

If you're worried about it you could put it on the floor of your truck by the heater to keep it warm. I keep mine in the cubby hole of the rear door.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just don't keep any FULL bottles in the truck during the summer. It expands and can spill out a bit. You'll smell it for weeks in the rug.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dom C;1608969; said:
Just don't keep any FULL bottles in the truck during the summer. It expands and can spill out a bit. You'll smell it for weeks in the rug.
But I love that smell - like napalm in the morning... :D

I am thinking maybe as an aftershave... moisturize and protect...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts