Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had all 8 injectors replaces with only 15,000 thousand miles. I have become quite paranoid about the fuel I put in my truck. I go to a station that has quite high volume, but by the looks of the owners, changing the filters was probably the last thing on their minds. I now go to a truck stop. However, my question is whether the Primrose 409, quite cold In Connecticut, or the Stanadyne is the right additive. GM endorses the Standyne, but there isa lot of chatter about the Primrose. Could someone shed some light on the pros and cons as well as the usage amounts and how often. I am also interested in getting a secondary fuel filter. My question concerns the Raycor vs. Nictane setup, and whether pre or post oem is better, I'd also like to know wher to purchase these products.Thank

03 GMC 2500HD ext cab LS

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do a search of the forums as this horse was not only beat, it was shot, skinned, tanned, made into a rug, run over several times and tucked away behind a Ford driver's seat.
Seriously a search will turn up LOTS of info and then some.

·
Registered
91 Posts
And you won't have to search too far because the battle rages on to this day.... latest buzz is whether or not the Racor has GM's endorsement (which would be desireable).

·
Registered
12 Posts
The local truck stop where I get fuel adds Starreon Performance additive to all their fuel. Anyone know if that is good stuff or am I destroying my engine?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
The Military uses 405/409 primrose. It was developed for them and tested by them.

Thats good enough for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
JohnnyMass213, what part of CT are you in. I recently bought a case on Stanadyne at ACME Machine in West Hartford. What dealership did your repairs?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use Stanadyne Performance formula. Get it mail order from:

www.dieselpage.com/

(That' not you know what forum. It's the Diesel Injection Place. So don't have a canary every one
)

They have a very good price and good service.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you are interested in secondary fuel filtration, check out the group buy section.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts