Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Have this pump that was in my uncles garage, he head it rebuilt and in the box waiting. Its now mine but I have no idea what it belongs in? Done some research and it show a 5.7 Cadillac, but I can't verify. He did have a sweet Seville with a diesel, also had many 6.2's

If anyone is interested please let me know

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I dont have a photo handy but the 5.7 pumps had a round mounting flange and the drive was an offset flat blade with a centering pin. The 6.2 was like the 6.5 with the triangle flange and the disc with indexing pin drive.

I dont know the numbers but there were several variants of the 5.7 pumps. Early ones used a different style injector than later ones so they had different pressures. Mid way they added the cold start advance which would have been an additional terminal at the top. I believe there was also a vintage near the end (85) where they added some additional timing controls. I will post over on the 5.7 board and see if someone knows.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have several photos but I have never been able to load them on this site? Have a heck of a time trying to upload them

·
Registered
23 Posts
If this helps, the pump I pulled off my 84 Olds 98 350D is DB2829 ZE4288. I know that most 81-84 pumps will interchange, there are a few minor differences, most notably the 1984 model year saw blue-banded injectors with a lower pop-off pressure than 1983. The only effect that would have is the timing, if one were to swap an 83 pump into an 84 car with those injectors (like I did) all you'd note is the timing mark on the pump would likely need to be closer to the passenger side than before, since the injectors would fire sooner due to lower pop off pressure. 1985 model year used the same injectors but they introduced electronic controls and then poof the program ended.

I get to Jacksonville quite a bit for work, is this pump for sale? I might be able to use it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, I would sell, figured someone on this site could use it. Let me know next time your in town

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
We have a real good pump guy (jdemaris) in the 6.2L forums, shoot him a pm. He should be able to tell you the exact application of your pump. You are correct in asking here, as they are becoming rare and someone here will be needing it..

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
How much is that pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be figuring that since this thread is 5 yrs old, that pump is probably gone already. If you are looking for a pump, we can point you in the right direction....J&J.

Reactions: alpacalips

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
We deal almost exclusively with Fred at Badger Diesel (KR Services on Ebay), his stuff is top notch, but there is usually a week or two waiting period. A member here on Diesel Place, quite often has pumps on hand or can point you in a good direction also, send him a PM (private message)...... his member name is "dieselolds" let us know how it turns out for you....J&J.

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,129 Posts
Thanks turbonator.At the moment I have no 5.7 olds injection pumps at all.I have very little parts now for those engines.Just new head gaskets and a partial gasket kit.Everything else is pretty much gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks turbonator.At the moment I have no 5.7 olds injection pumps at all.I have very little parts now for those engines.Just new head gaskets and a partial gasket kit.Everything else is pretty much gone.

Hi
Would you let me know if you get hold of one of those injection pump or if I can get rebuild kit if it's possible as I'm in uk
Thanks

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,129 Posts
Hi
Would you let me know if you get hold of one of those injection pump or if I can get rebuild kit if it's possible as I'm in uk
Thanks

Rebuild kits are on eBay but those kits only repair fuel leaks and nothing else.Some of the kits have replacement flex rings but your better off buying a EID unit.No more flex rings to worry about.I'll let you know if i see any olds pumps around.

·
"ol` smokie"
343 Posts
Hi
Thanks

What application are you needing a pump for.

·
"ol` smokie"
343 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rebuild kits are on eBay but those kits only repair fuel leaks and nothing else.Some of the kits have replacement flex rings but your better off buying a EID unit.No more flex rings to worry about.I'll let you know if i see any olds pumps around.

My pump I think it gets air in the system some how from return pipe so I thought it could be the pump itself so that's why I my aswell rebuild the pump
Please let me know
Thanks for your help

·
"ol` smokie"
343 Posts
To replace my cady 5.7 injection diesel pump

Just guessing, but looking at your past posts, your caddy is a 79? Most likely, if original, its a pencil injector engine> Hard to tell from where I`m sitting:hehe:

I`ve only got one pump for pencil injectors. Not sure I want to part with it at this time.
Let me know when you pull the pump what the #`s are.
Is there a light load advance arm on your pump

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just guessing, but looking at your past posts, your caddy is a 79? Most likely, if original, its a pencil injector engine> Hard to tell from where I`m sitting:hehe:

I`ve only got one pump for pencil injectors. Not sure I want to part with it at this time.
Let me know when you pull the pump what the #`s are.
Is there a light load advance arm on your pump

Yes that's right mine is 79 and test I think it's a pencil injector as u said
I'll try to get my MOT 1st and after I 'll try to get the pump out and will give you the number
What's light load advance on pump
?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.