Diesel Place banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Haven't had much time to work with the truck but I have power and grounds to the ECM. Have .1 and .3 ohms resistance in the wiring from the ECM to ground stud. I have gotten my intake pulled and inspected the harness under and see nothing out of place. I did notice when I pulled the harness the OS filter was still in place. I don't think that this would cause my issue would it? Unplugging the ltgreen wire to the 1-2 shift solenoid and wastegate had no change eaither.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although not ideal, these will run fine without a lift pump as long as the IP doesn't have to pull the fuel up too far. Drove mine for a long ways without it working, just couldn't let it get under 1/4 tank. That said, pull your lift pump connector and fuel lines, then rig up a fresh fuel can with some diesel (set it over the pump, perhaps on a ladder or something). Make sure you stick an inline fuel filter on it. Run it for a bit and see what you get. You might find that your fuel is the whole problem.

I get this hunch because of the way that you described the onset of the problem...

Interested to hear your results and wishing you the best of luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I would think if the lp wasn't working or my prefilter was plugged it wouldn't have the pressure 4ish inches away from the IP i have. . I have thought about it being a actual fuel issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
And yes I will update when I get this thing figured out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would think if the lp wasn't working or my prefilter was plugged it wouldn't have the pressure 4ish inches away from the IP i have. . I have thought about it being a actual fuel issue.
I was more referring to that because it makes it pretty easy to test using a separate container of fuel. I'd like to see where that hunch takes you. If that's the case, it's a good thing that you found that receipt. You should be able to have the fuel station help you out for your loss of use and time addressing the issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yes I agree with your reference and had thought about it. What gets me is how it stops. I could see bad fuel making it run rough then stall. Not stopping like you shut the key off. I have seen engines run on bad diesel and this doesn't seem like it. I have to get it put back together before I can do any more testing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Did a little more work today. Got the intake back on and inspected the harness a little better ohmed the each of the wires and found none with more the 1 ohm resistance. Plugged it back in with out the os filter and no change. Bypassed the fuel tank and ran it off a gas can full of fresh fuel from a different station and no change.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Have you tried unplugging the OS conn. and running it?
I will start if there are no other problems, will be "cranky" starting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
No i have not tried that. I will try that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Another update. I have have tried a different PCM and have no change. Im going to go through and double/triple check everything I have looked at and make sure I haven't missed anything. The hunt continues.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts