Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here and am in need of some advice as to where I should be looking.. I have a 2012 Savana 1 ton cube van with a recent egr/dpf delete with Efi Livewire tune. Truck has been running great up until recently when one day the truck stalled on me just after accelerating after a red light. After the stall I put it in neutral and the truck fired up and the problem went away and after one whole week to the day in the exact intersection it happened again but I did have a bit of backfiring when I blipped the throttle when it started to shut down. Cranked it over and she fired right up again and away I went.
Next day I drove it and the morning it was good with no issues but after coming down a steep hill she lost power and then it continued on every couple of miles to stall. It fires up right away after it stalls and can idle for hours. When I got on the highway it drove fine for over 30 miles then when I got back into town it started to stall again. Truck fires right back up every time after it happens.
When I got home I cleaned out the water separator and replaced the fuel filter and it primed up and ran great all morning (today) but then it started again. I have been in touch with the diesel shop that installed the custom tune so hes gonna check out the programming. I've heard of the Edge tunes having issues like this but not Efi live
Any recommendations where I should go next?
Dirty fuel tank?
Crankshaft position sensor?
CP3?

Thanks in advance
Adrian

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Your problem seems like there is a wire shorting issue. Sometimes it shorts and shuts off the engine, then it isn't shorted, it starts and runs again, until it shorts. WAG for sure, but that is what is seems like to me. Is there any relationship to stalling and the amount of fuel in the tank?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have a look at the wiring and inspect them.

As far as the amount of fuel in the tank I'd say no.

Thanks for your input
-Adrian

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Codes ?
How much vacuum is it pulling at the test port ?
Who did the tuning ?
What brand of fuel filter ?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LCAC_Man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we found the problem.. plug in connector to the throttle body was loose and backed off thru vibration so it was making intermittent connections. Once we plugged it in correctly it runs fantastic now..:giggle:

·
Administrator
16,738 Posts
Well we found the problem.. plug in connector to the throttle body was loose and backed off thru vibration so it was making intermittent connections. Once we plugged it in correctly it runs fantastic now..:giggle:
Glad you got the issue resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!

(y)

Reactions: Adrianmoe68
1 - 6 of 6 Posts