Administrator
22,031 Posts
Welcome

Please tell us more about the vehicle ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)

·
Administrator
22,031 Posts
The PMD harness seems to be well made and if makes no difference whether or not it is used. We get the same symptoms plugging the PMD in to the factory plug.
I looked quite carefully at the other pump harness and it seems to be in good condition. This is a West coast truck and everything is quite clean and rust free. I cleaned every ground but they were all excellent to begin with. The one exception is that there was a section of rusty fuel line for some reason, along the frame rail. But I dropped the tank and the lines going into the tank were fine. Still, for lack of ideas and much left to look at I am going to rig up a temporary fuel supply today and bypass the tank and most of the fuel line.
I would install a piece of clear fuel line on the return side of the IP to help locate any air in fuel issues as shown here in this link: Question: - 1999 GMC Bluebird 6.5L TD - PMD &amp...

Reactions: Glagulator

·
Administrator
22,031 Posts
The delivery solenoid is in the bottom of the pump. I made no attempt to touch that. I just replaced the whole pump. I got a pump from pensacola diesel because it was cheap. It did fix the problem but I am not real excited about the "rebuild" they did. I am not saying its a bad pump, but.... Not really rebuilt either. It was the cheapest one on ebay for a reason. I made a video of what I noticed if you want to look.

Again, not saying its a bad pump, but I dont expect a long trouble free life from it either.

The crank sensor falls apart when you touch it. Not fun. After the fact I see it is a common issue and there is lots of info online.
Lots of Customer no-service complaints and parts quality issues with Pensacola. Just Google their reviews

Reactions: dieselolds
1 - 3 of 3 Posts