Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Yall have me nervous.

Last night I was sitting at a redlight waiting for the green. As soon as the green turned I hit the go peddle.

NOTHIN! The truck stalled just like I had shut off the switch. I shifted to neutral and she fired up. I was on my way. I noticed some smoke in the headlights of the car behind me. It was dark so I wasn't sure just how much smoke there was..just seemed more than normal.

After a night of nightmares about Campfire Rick and all the other guys with injector problems I go out this morning to fire her up..

She fired up pretty good. Although I did think it took just a little longer for her to light off than normal.

25 miles later I am at work and shut her down. The engine shut down HARD..hard enough to shake the whole truck. I fired her back up let her idle for a minute and shut down again..Same thing Hard shut down.

Anyone ever seen this? Could these be symptoms of future problems?

Am I just paranoid?

Thanks for listening..

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
Loss of prime? Air leak in fuel system? How old is the filter? Maybe a load of bad "dirty or watery" fuel?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The filter has 6k on it. I will be replacing very soon.

No ses lights have been thrown. I may just be getting paranoid. I just filled up with fuel from a very busy truck stop. So I am pretty sure the fuel was ok..never know.

If it loss prime would I not of had to pump it? Maybe just an air bubble.

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

MIGHT BE FUEL. MINE DID THE SAME ( ROUGH SHUT DOWN) , NOT WHOLE TRUCK SHAKING THOUGH, JUST A LITTLE ROUGHER THAN USUAL. DID IT A COUPLE TIMES THAT WEEK. DIDNT THINK MUCH OF IT TIL I READ POST . ITS BEEN FINE SINCE ( THAT WAS ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO) T WAS REALLY COLD.

JEFF</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts