Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just bought a new black lbz:) , i want to put step bars on it but i cant decide which looks better stainless chrome or black?? can anyone provide a picture of their black truck with chrome or black step bars? it would help A LOT!! thanks guys keep on truckin' :ro) kenny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck! While not black, the stainless bars on my dark blue '05 might give you an idea. Click on the thumbnail in My Garage for the pic.

Lyle

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you plan on keeping the truck move than 3 years, I would go stainless. Even though the black ones are usually powercoated, it still will get nicked up and rust. Look at the warranties, stainless is better.

Good luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Chrome over stainless, like the GM ones. That's what I have and they are holding up great...salt and all.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Check out my GARAGE. Black truck......Stainless wheel to wheels

·
Registered
268 Posts
Chrome over stainless is the way to go, I love mine. They are so easy to take care of it is great. Only problem I have is trying to to keep my wife from stepping on the chrome and not the step pad, I finally had to threaten to make her polish out the scratches to get her to think before she steps.
:ro)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Stainless all the way!! Check out my garage for a pic. Stainless next to a black pickup looks great.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The stainless looks better by a longshot, but if you're on a budget, you may want to consider the black ones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello Kenny,

That's a no-brainer in my opinion. Pay a little extra and get the stainless. Then you will not have rust popping up in the future...especially if you live in a northern climate where they put down road salt. Also, moisture does get inside the tube after a while. I would shop the internet...google "nerf bar"...that's where you will probably get the best deal.

Also, my wife slipped on mine a couple times getting in by stepping on the polished portion where there is no rubber step mat. I put a strip of adhesive floor traction tape along the top of the tube where there is no step mat. You can get it at Lowe's...Home Depot and such.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Also, my wife slipped on mine a couple times getting in by stepping on the polished portion where there is no rubber step mat. I put a strip of adhesive floor traction tape along the top of the tube where there is no step mat. You can get it at Lowe's...Home Depot and such.
That's why the GM take-offs are the best bang for the buck. Chrome over stainless, and full length step pads!.

Got mine off e-bay, brand new condition for $228 shipped!

·
Registered
56 Posts
mine are stainless wheel-to-wheel. I was going to go with the black but my shop strongly advised against it with the weather here in Indiana. Said they would likely start to chip/rust in a couple years. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine are Manik stainless from wheel to wheel. In some areas they have been scuffed from people stepping on them. I have been able to polish them in these areas to make them look like new again. Don't know if you could polish chrome to look new again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My truck is not black, it's white, but I got the stainless step bars and they look great. They are easy to clean, easy to install, and the price was not too bad. I got mine locally at Simple Simon Tire in Baton Rouge, and the price was better than any I found on the internet. I think that I paid $275 for them. I have a crew cab short bed, and these have the rubber pads centered in each door opening. I think the brand is Universal Welding Service, a company that supplies lots of places down here with truck boxes and accessories. I believe that they are located in Texas. You may also want to look at the Smittybuilt double tube steps. I saw a truck here in town with a set and they looked pretty good, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts