Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping one of my buddys build his 2000 cummins. he has edge jammers stage 5 nozzles for it, im not sure if he will need more fuel or not. if any of the cummins guys could help me i would apreciate it! (i will be putting them in for him)

·
Registered
267 Posts
What other mods does he have? Stage 5 is what, 200HP? It might get a little toasty if doesn't have the right turbo setup. Should be plenty of fuel for most mods.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 5s are 150hp. he has ordered a fuel pump kit. hes running straight 4in exhaust. comp box k/n filter. I put his injector tips in last night, it was a little rough when we first started it. i had him go around the block and it all smoothed out. with the box on 5 that thing smokes like a SOB. how does that b-1 quickspool work!

·
Registered
267 Posts
The B-1's are sweeeeet, ultrafast spool and big boost numbers, what turbo is he running, if it's stock then he will definately need to keep an eye on the EGT's. Is it an auto or 5/6 speed?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he is running a stocker and it is an auto. what egt # is safe and where should i mount the probe?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it's a stocker than it's going to be an HY-35, if you can, mount the probe pre-turbo, that will give the most accurate readings. Get a turbomaster to get more boost from the HY, you are going to get way out of the efficiency range extremely fast and it's going to get real hot quickly. He really needs to upgrade his turbo, you can get HX-40's under $900 from HTT or even Dodgezilla's for about $685 from City Diesel. The Dodgezilla's is a hybrid HX35/40. I he needs the cheapest alternative, then just find a HX35 from a 5/6 speed cummins. Good luck

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i told him not to let the egt's get higher than 1400. but thats were i stop in the dmax. i have figured out the two are completly different animals! i was told that the egt's can go higher but im not willing to guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts