1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has them?

Show and tell please!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
One of the newer
D##ge's in my area has them. They look like they are about a 6 inch pipe coming up from the bed on each side. I think it looks STUPID and he's effectively lost about 2 linear feet of cargo space in his bed (6" for the pipe + 1 1/2' to keep the heat from the cargo). They are bright and shiny, so he probably got them from a good manufacturer, but it just seems to be a waste of money and cargo room to me.

But then again, the stacks were on a D##ge and I might be a little biased to my GM's.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I feel the same way with my neighbor. He has 6" stacks for his
Doodge, I kinda thought they were okay before he put them on but know having to listen to that droning noise everyday it just is stupid. I can't wait till I get my new Dmax and then he'll hear what a real truck is supposed to sound like.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyle03D,

Cool!!! I was thinking of two 3.5" stacks between my roll bar and toolbox.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Kyle,

I saw your photoshop work on the stacks in the post "show us your trucks". Are those the real thing? How bout some pics of how theyre routed. If still photoshop, nice job on the reflections.Edited by: VFRRider

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Kyle03D. Your truck looks good woth stacks in it. I'm wondering if it is just because I like the 45degree stacks better then the turnouts why I don't know about my neighbors. Who knows it his truck do what he wants

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't have a way to take a pic of how they are routed, but I have 5in pipe under the truck from the downpipe and then routed up into the bed in the exact center. I have a piece of approx. 6"x4" square tube steel that lays accross the bed in which I welded caps on the end, and a female coupler in the middle and then two 5in pieces of pipe on the ends for the stacks to slide over. The stacks are 6" that reduce to 5" at the bottom and can be adjusted up and down by sliding on the 5in pipe welded to the square tube. This way was easier and cheaper than running all pipe in the bed, if you buy a y pipe it is close to 100 bucks!

Kyle

·
Registered
522 Posts
OK now I got a question as well. I'm wanting to go to to stacks on my truck as well, however a friend of mine is telling me to be careful doing it because he fears I might loose some of my torque if I go to a 5" outlet. Almost as if I have too much free flow. Can anyone prove this right or wrong? I'd like to go to a 5" outlet off the downpipe to lower EGT's, and then split to dual 4" stacks. I know I'll have to do this inside the box, but that isn't an issue. All I'm concerned about is muffler placement, and then if backpressure affects my power. Any help is great!!

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
So THAT is what happened to Kyle, he lost his torque w/ the big stacks.

W/ a turbo the less restriction in exhaust the better.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yep, its a diesel, less restriction the better, turbo already restricts it.

What happened to Kyle is that I don't have enough money to build me a pullin truck to pull around on a trailor. Oh I wish I could.

4 is too small, get some big 6 inchers. Unless your doing turn outs, 6 is too big for those, 5 would be good.Edited by: Kyle03D

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
8" straights and a jake on the 14.7 liter will make everyone look at u

·
Registered
687 Posts
cdhd2001 said:
Kyle03D,

Cool!!! I was thinking of two 3.5" stacks between my roll bar and toolbox.
Good Lord!.....

That's quite a,....ummmm.....bumper you got there.

I guess everything IS bigger in Texas!

Whats that there thing weigh?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lawnboy,

approx. 300 lbs.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope, just 300 lbs. I can lift it by myself. No hernia yet!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Looks like a Stealth Bomber!

Does it absorb radar too?

Are you a pinstriper by trade?

·
Registered
522 Posts
OK, so after a pile of info and research I've come up with a plan. I'll go 5" off the downpipe up to a "T" in the center of the box and go dual 4" from there. Then go to a pair of inline mufflers with a set of 4" turn-out tips. I'm told the dual 5" just gets too raspy, and the dual 4" still has a rumble to it, exactly what I'm after.

Now all I have to wait for is the warranty to expire and away we go!

·
Registered
522 Posts
! looked at that, not too pleased with info given about the install and routing of pipes. If they were a little more liberal with this info I'd seriously consider it. Anyone out there using they're system? I'd love to hear from you!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts