Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im a newbie on this site and may buy a 95 6.5 diesel. i have stacks and was wondering if i bough the truck, put the stacks on, would the sound be better or louder if i straight piped it, or put on a muffler?
i only heard on video clip of a 6.5 diesel but i would like to hear more. So, would it be better to straight pipe or put on a muffler and connect the stacks?
i want a LOUD mean sound....im a motorhead

·
Registered
136 Posts
:badidea: forget the stacks...might sound good but will not look right. Just go straight pipe out the back.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Short Side pipe. Step up in size every foot to form a megaphone. Do not drive in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
801 Posts
yeah thats how mine is. nice 5" stainless tip to finish the job off.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I would think that a pipe coming out before the back tire would ruing the finish on a wheel, but I don't know cause I have never done it. I love my stacks and they look mean as hell and sound bad ass! With stacks my truck sounds totally different than it did with a straight pipe out the back! It is much deeper and you can hear the turbo much better. I would get rid of the kitty and the muffler and put on a set of 5inch stacks jmo!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i have been looking throught the videos on this site and came across, two older chevy/GMC diesels... one video is on his new 4" exhaust, the other is a white truck and its straight piped. They sound completely different!!!
If i were to get a chevy 6.5L Turbo Diesel and took off the muffler and ran it to stacks or right out the back, would the sound be like the powerstrokes, or a true diesel with an exhaust??? I dont want it to sound anything like a gasser, i want the semi sound! will i get it with the 6.5L turbo diesel???
i want it to sorta sound like this:
http://video.dieselplace.com/category/Smoke+Shows/0/70DB7548-11B1-40F4-85AB-34652CB36D2E.htm

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Mine sounds more like a big truck than any other I have heard. A few of my friends say that when i am on the way down the road it sounds like a big rig but it still sounds alot like a gas burner with a big turbo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts