Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much info. on stacks with a 2.02 . And with all the EFI programs coming out the PPE/VA used stuff is getting pretty cheap.

Right now all I am wanting is a 13 second truck........preferably in the mid-low 13 second range. Running the Predator on 100 will be plenty for me for daily driving..........but say this 13.9 second Ford I know pulls up at the red light ..........could a VA be flipped from 0 to 70 or 180 w/the Predator and beat him or say a stock SRT-10 .....stock Lightning ??? I don't really tow much at all (3-4 times a year)......probably less than 5k when I do !

I figure there will be high EGT's @WOT but I would only use the VA for a race ! But I am still a little worried about turbo longetivity with a stack like this.

Should I just stick with my current plan and buy a Moonshine or Kennedy tune and just run it all the time ???

·
Vendor
9,666 Posts
I prefer not to stack. With my tuning you should be right where you want to be and can drive it as a daily driver if desired. I would definitely suggest the Twin pumps and pickup as well as the SC-IV rather than the III.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Go with a custom tune! You can use a dsp2 switch when you want that extra kick. That stack will run good but daily driving will drive you nuts. It might cost you more for the custom tune but you won't look back. Spend the money on the trans first so you can "use" all that extra power.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got the MOONSHINE and boy is it GREAT..Worth every penny in my eyes...Good luck with your decision..

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
A custom tune is the way to go. Get the trans done first....stage IV or V, then get EFI Live. You will need it for trans tuning and ECM tuning. There are some great tunes out for the LLY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts