Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world is it possible to stack two programs or more? I am new to diesel engines and my friend just got a Duramax LLY w/ Allison and we arent sure what that means. Also we were wondering what it would take to run 13's in the truck without the use of N20 or propane?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Some programs will not co-exist. But it is possible to use different aspects of more than one device simultaneously (or "stacking"). An example would be using the timing and injection program of an Edge with the increased fuel rail pressure of a Van Aaken (or Bully Dog). It's pretty shaky stuff - you are going well outside the parameters of both chips/programs and gambling on the compatibility/safety of the many unknowns in the combination. What would it take to run 13s with #2? Easy - MONEY!
Seriously, I don't think anyone's getting 13s without some serious mods - remember, you're working with a 7800# TRUCK made for towing! In the words of very wise man: "You can make a pig fly like a cruise missle if you've got enough money."

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I ran a 14.1 with the 125 edge(when it first came out with a stock tranny), so i would imagine with a quad 135 or a 145 edge you should just be into the 13's. Thats the easy part. If you want that, your gonna be into tranny work. The tranny will hold up for a while, but your not doing it any favours. You'll be a month or so before anything comes out for your lly motor, so you'll have time to save up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was thinking that a Trans-Go Shift Kit, TC, Hot Edge Juice w/ Attitude (Stage 5 Setting), Intake, and Exhaust would get pretty close to the 13's and be safe, what do you guys think?

EDIT: This is all on the LLY engine option, so there would obviously be a wait on the Programming from Edge.Edited by: 2002bolt

·
Registered
795 Posts
You could be at high 13s with the mods you mention depending on your truck weight.

Not sure what you mean by intake though. I haven't seen an Intake modification.

For stacking boxes you can use the Edge Hot Juice or a similar box, that plugs in under the hood and then use a programer box that plugs into your ADL plug under your steering wheel.
Did I say that right ?

Thats my plan Edited by: gmccall

·
Registered
128 Posts
DLC (Data Link Connector) under your steering wheel..

On Edit.. actually under your steering columnEdited by: tanner

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You can pretty much stack about three things, a tuner, such as a Predator, Quad, Superchips, Hypertech, or TTS, a module, such as a Van Aaken, Edge, TST, and then a fuel pressure box, such as a Duramaximizer or a Van Aaken pressure box. These are all boxes/tuners for LB7, so I am sure they will be different for the LLY, you really cant stack anything without hurtin the trans after a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a Quad 135, and intake and ran 14.2. I got a Quad 165 and rana 13.7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts