Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when you guys say you are stacking chips?
Does it create more power than when one chip is installed?
Since I have a hypertech can I stack chips on my truck with it to get better features, like changeing my gear sizes. My truck is a dually so I cant go jacking it up in the air and put big tires on it to re callibrate for 4:10 gears, so i would like to buy a product to recallibrate the trans. and speedominter.
thanks

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The Predator has a "zero HP tune" but speed limiter raiser and tire,gear change calibration option ..... JP Customs is selling them at a decent price ...He is a registered vendor here ,check it out ...

For power stacking :

You have to be carefull what you stack .... Keep in mind the limitations of the Allison and or 6 speed clutch/flywheel ...

Also injector Pulse on Pulse width (as in Edge and most current boxes if not all ) give minimal gains .... In other words a 125 HP Edge Juice and a 100 HP Predator tune doesen't or wont yield 225 Rear Wheel Horse Power ... But might only add 20 ,30 HP in a stack of Pred on top of Juice ....

Same goes with say adding a 100 HP Duramaximizer on a Pulse box will only yield about 50 HP out back ... The Duramaximizer ups fuel rail pressure only .... The early Van Aaken (BD Power) boxes up fuel rail pressure as with timing also ... Not knowing what year your truck is,you have to be carefull playing with the pressure boxes with 01's ....

To much timing can also be a issue even stacking with Propane or bigger Pulse Timing boxes ...

Caution to the wind .... Not trying to discourage but be prepared and know what your signing on for ...

I run the most recent OJ and BD Power (no timing) as a daily driver .... Turning on VA only when I want plumes off smoke !!!!!

Gauges are a MUST !!!!!!!!! Heavy EGT'S and I can pin Boost gauge ,waste gate deprived .....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Mac,

I hear your tranny has been re-calibrated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks What about the trans does it need any calibrations with 4:10 gears or will it shift normaly? Do you know what I need to calibrate the trans with a Jake brake cause I hear that the trans will not downshift correctly while the jake brake is running and in turn will harm the trans.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
hoot said:
Mac,

I hear your tranny has been re-calibrated.

Someday "WE'LL" get it right ..... LIL snags with limited hands on time ... After last week I have little drive in me left ...Them 1-2 am nights were a killer ...Tough working trying to pay for all this "necessary" stuff and tweak ....

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
MAC,

Three's a charm. I wish I was local so I could cheerlead
I mean.... help you out.
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BennyBoy said:
one more note, can the preditor work with my hypertech?
I would say Loading two OBD tuners is a NO / NO ....
Go with a Can Bus and OBD loader or two Can Bus connectors in a series ...

Mac

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BennyBoy said:
Thanks What about the trans does it need any calibrations with 4:10 gears or will it shift normaly? Do you know what I need to calibrate the trans with a Jake brake cause I hear that the trans will not downshift correctly while the jake brake is running and in turn will harm the trans.
The 410 ratio is an option for the 8.1 and Allison, so GM must have TCM calibration available ... Not sure you could get the program installed by them or if the Predator would just take care of it for you instead ...

As far as an "Exhaust" brake I have heard nothing and many are running without incident ... Hopefully people that have an Exhaust brake will chime in ...

I think you would be better off upping your HP a bit for towing .... A 410 is going to cost you considerable fuel econo when your not towing ...

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
BennyBoy said:
what can bus connectors will give me gear changes and tire changes?
None that I know of .... Looks like your selling the Hyper Tech and looking Predator ,huh ??

Mac

·
Registered
133 Posts
try superchips with juice works great yeilded 438 rwhp for me at shieds i just got quad stealth today it feels great with hot oj ...ill let you know dyno on it this weekend ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts