Diode Dynamics is pleased to offer our Stage Series 3" LED Pod!
Featuring higher output intensity than any other 3” light on the market, these LED pods have been designed for maximum functionality, with custom-engineered TIR optics shining in highly useful beam patterns, all in a durable package.
Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare, so not all of the light shines on target. Instead, the custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS3 collects all of the light from the LED, and directs it only where you need it, drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency.
From there, while other options on the market lose as much as 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the custom-molded TIR optic in the SS3 serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature, when coupled with high-intensity LED chips, the total intensity of the SS3 is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.
Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are, there is a Stage Series optic for you!
- SAE Driving is designed to supplement your high beams, but it’s great for general illumination as well. Rather than a traditional "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in an 18x8 degree spread, providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds.
- SAE Fog provides an extremely wide field of view, with high-intensity output over an entire 80-degree spread. It serves as a great upgrade for any factory foglamp, and will fully illuminate the area in front of your vehicle. Choose your output color of cool white or yellow, which is often said to help cut through inclement weather.
- Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 60x60 degree spread of light. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It is perfect to use as a backup light, for lighting up anything at low speeds, or for trailers and worksites.
- Combo pattern combines both the Driving and Flood optics. It shines light downrange in a focused, rectangular 65x25 degree pattern. The combo lens features a flood optic on one side and a driving optic on the other.
- Spot is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is a highly focused 6-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 151,000 candela, the SS3 Sport shines a half-mile away (¼ lux), from a compact 3-inch package.
NOTE: The Pro Spot uses a slightly larger emitter which spreads the light output more than the Sport Spot, resulting in a lower candela and lux rating even at a higher power level.
Not just off-road. Even with the SS3 Max’s extreme output, the Fog pattern meets the SAE J583 standard as a Foglamp, for legal on-road use. For states that require them, we also offer snap-on covers for your SS3 Pod.
These covers are available in a variety of colors and keep your SS3 Pod clean and protected from dirt, dust, or whatever else the road throws your way! Please check your local laws and regulations for aiming, installation, and applicability.
Interchangeable Lens. Need a different beam pattern or color? You can swap it yourself! We offer replacement lenses that allow you to change the color or optic of your Stage Series SSC2 Pods.
White or Yellow. All Stage Series LED pods are available in a cool white or selective yellow color. The white is a 6000K color temperature, which is a true cool white output, and matches most factory LED lighting. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature, great for high contrast in poor weather or a distinctive look on the road. The SS3 Stage Series 3" Yellow LED Pod can be found here. We also offer replacement lenses that allow you to change the color or optic of your SS3 Pods.
Sport, Pro, or Max. Stage Series LED pods are available at three different power levels. All options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. The Sport model uses high-intensity LEDs and is the best bang for the buck you’ll find. The Pro model steps things up in a big way, with double the total power. Finally, the Max model is designed with cutting-edge automotive emitters, for both high power and extreme intensity. This brand new technology comes at a cost, but if you’re looking for the absolute best in lighting performance, the SS3 Max is the answer.
Backlight Functionality. The Stage Series 3" LED Pod is now available with a distinctive backlight, in your choice of white, amber, red, and blue. The SS3's backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products. This integrated backlight gives you an additional accent light, along with the main beam. To power the backlight, use the included harness to tap your desired vehicle function.
NOTE: If you are upgrading your SS3 Pods to Backlit SS3 Pods, you will need to purchase a 2-pin to 4-pin wire tap kit in order to connect your existing 2-pin harness to your new backlit SS3 Pods.
The SS3's backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.
NOTE: Due to the yellow lens, the Yellow SS3 LED pod is only available with an Amber backlight color.
In the Box:
- Two (2) Stage Series 3" LED Pods
- Two (2) Deutsch-style wire pigtails
- Two (2) Mounting brackets and hardware
Simple connections. All SS3 LED pods feature a custom-molded DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back, and come with a 6-inch pigtail with bare leads. For installation, you can wire yourself, use an off-the-shelf Deutsch DT sized wire harness, or select an optional Diode Dynamics wire harness. Our Light Duty Dual Output Harness can be used to power up to two SS3 pods. If you are looking to power more than two SS3 pods, we recommend using our Heavy Duty Dual Output Harness along with a Deutsch DT Splitter.
Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email [email protected].
PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)