Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a little squeek in the front drivers side when i hit slight bumps. i dont know that something is rattling, but i am not for sure what else there is other than the shocks. i have checked the shock bolts, and they are tight. do yall know how hard it is to greas the zerts up under the front? can be a pain in the butt, i tell. i cant even get a grease gun head on a couple zerts. i just dont know what else could be squeeking. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
shocks would most likely make a knocking sounds if they were loose... grease the ball joints and tierod ends.. *SHOULD* be doing those every 30-90 days anyhow.. depending on truck use.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Check the shocks, UCA, LCA make sure everything is tight. Check the idler and pitman arms, make sure there is not any play in them then look deeper into the suspension. Check the CV's, boots, etc and look for anything with oil on it or that is extremely clean (coudl be from rubbing) and then go from there. Help this helps..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey yall, thanks. just remember it is 2wd.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Ah, did not see that it was a 2WD.. I think you should be able to find your issues pretty easily then in that case. Good luck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have the ISS replaced with the 'new' new replacement. They'll squeak along with the clunking sometimes. good luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
doglip;1586306; said:
Have the ISS replaced with the 'new' new replacement. They'll squeak along with the clunking sometimes. good luck
Call me stupid.. whats the ISS? When i was home on leave I had a similar squeek on the front left area of my truck. ive got a busted ball joint that i haven't replaced yet and i assumed it was it. however.. with the truck sitting still and cranking on the steering wheel i got the squeek also. i havent been worried about it since it just developed and i am replacing most the suspension when i lift the truck upon my return home... ... hate to thread jack here.. SORRY.. what an ISS?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Intermediate Steering Shaft

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts