Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is an '04 w/LB7 with 3600 miles. In the last week the truck has developed a random squeek while idleing in park/drive and while low rpm crusing(almost sounds like an alt. bearing but completely random)
. Looking under the hood I can't pinpont the sound.I know I could take it to the dealer under warranty but I am trying to avoid removing my juice/attitude and I can't find a dealer in the area with an actual diesel mechanic. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a squeak that comes from where the manifold and exaust pipe meet. it dosent start till the engine temp hits 175. taken it to dealer twice. Tech says its the loudest one he has herd. Thats all I've gotten out of the dealer. I wish my truck sounded like a duramax.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have had that squealing noise too, but it only did it for a coule of days and it went away on its own. Not to worried about it, I only have just under 3k on the it. Warranty will take care of it, if it starts it again.
Edited by: BlueCrew 04 D/A SB GMC

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the truck to the dealer. Turns out the belt tensioner needs to be replaced. It has play in it front to back and is allowing the belt to rub the sides of the pulleys causing the squeak. Part is on order, dealer said it would be about a week to get in. He thinks it is a "new" design being that they have replaced a few already and it is taking a lot longer to get the part now than in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts