Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's getting warmer my pedal is squeaking more and more
anyone heard anything more on this subject? I crawled under the dash today and I think the noise is coming from the spring assist halfway up the pedal, anyone else have any thoughts? 35K for a truck, the pedals shouldn't squeak!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hear ya, I got the same squeak and did the same thing, I looked under the dash but couldn't determine where queak comes from, I'll have to look closer, maybe see what quick fix we can come up with

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I too think it's that spring assm. The problem is they way the two halves go together it looks like to remove will be in pieces. I'm about ready to do it and go without. Might do a little investigating this weekend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hate to say this but that spring is not where it is. You can try it if you want but its still going to be there. The two pins on both sides of the spring is not the problem. You can take a hack saw blade and cut them off if you want but its not gonig to solve. The spring want jump out either. I've got 2 trucks with the pins cut out and they haven't jumped out. The only way you will fix it is to put a metal pin in the main pivot. And take that plastic crap out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jared83, I dont think its the pins either, one pointing up the other pointing down. I think it's the pivot points top and bottom for the helper spring. Is this what you were refering to?

It's almost like the plastic framework for the spring needs a bushing between it and the pedal and frame pins....

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
IIRC, there is a fellow running around here that made a custom pin that stopped the noise.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had my entire clutch pedal and slave cylinder replaced about two years ago. It didn't squeak for a couple months then started back. Now that it has warmed up outside it's worse. I live with it. Turn the radio up. POS plastic clutch pedal, WTF was GM thinking?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want it fixed I'll try to get the dimention for you in a day or two. But thats the only way to fix it. I haven't heard mine squeak since. And have done two trucks. If you want it fixed you will have to have a machine shop make a pin and 2 bushing. And make the dealer put them in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jared, I'm open to aything anyone has to offer! I would be grateful to have any info you would be willing to send my way. I'm glad to see you were eventually able to rid yourself of the dreaded creaking noise from your pedal.

thanks

dan

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Jared, I'd like the specs too. My pedal squeaks all the time. Warm temps just make it worse.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The way my schedule is now it will probably be sometime this weekend before I can get the dimentions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All right I finally got to it. The main pin needs to .715 in diameter and 3.6 inches long. From each end come in .375 and turn down to .665 for grease to go. Make those 2 reliefs .500 inches long. And on each end drill and tap 1/4 20 for a bolt. You will also need to make 2 bushings. They need to be .550 in diameter and .400 inches long with a .270 hole in the middle for the bolt. I made mine out of Stainless Steel but you can make it out of anything besides plastic. When you get them made I would take them to the dealer and hand them to them. Tell them to drill the holes in the clutch pedal and put a grease fitting on there. Make sure the grease fitting will line up with the shaft. And make sure the pedal will work up and down with out knocking the grease fittings off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts