Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, enough is enough, I just turned over 30,000 miles on my D/A and as soon as i did it seemed like the belt began to squeak. It did it a couple times before, but it was raining and i chalked it up to water getting on the belt, somehow?, well now it is doing it in very low speed situations and right when i let off the throttle. I took it to the dealer and had one of the shop guys ride with me and of course it didnt make the noise. figures. I was up hunting the other weekend and it was extremely noticeable, it even cost me a good sized turkey!!! has anyone else had this problem? and are there any TSB's out for it?? thanks for yalls help -Jeff

·
Registered
692 Posts
well I have seen a few belt idlers go bad this may be the squeek
but the belt squeek is normal at engine shut down.if it is squeeking while running, it may need a belt
Patrick gm master diesel tech portland or

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesnt just squeak when you shut it down. I have a Cummins and i know all about that. I appreciate the info on the belt idler. I will be taking that info to the dealer, I think that it has to be that, just from the way that it makes its noise. on my way to the dealer on monday!! thanks for your help!!-Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts