Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not exactly the correct place for this question but couldn't find a better place.

I have a 2003 2500HD Ext. cab that has been in the shop about 8 times for squeaking rear doors. Has anybody else had this problem? If they were not annoying I would not worry about them, but no amount of radio will mask these thinks going down the tollway at 80mph unless you want to be deaf. Everytime I take it in it is that the doors are out of alignment. This is getting to be BS. GM and another bad design...

I am thinking about researching the lemon law rule although mechanically there is nothing wrong with my truck but to have had it in as many times as I have with only 8K miles is ridiculous. Maybe GM can take it back and give me what I really want. A CC then no more squeaky doors! I don't think that is like though.

Any oppinions?

Curtis

·
Registered
15 Posts
curtisb

You may want to check and see if the rear doors are latched at the top and bottom. I had an experience where the bottom latch on one door was not catching and the door had enough play in it to make all kinds of wierd noises. Just pull on the door at the top and bottom when it's shut, you'll know if its not latched. Another thing to try is grease the weather stripping as described in the owners manual.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I think the EC model tends to flex a bit more than a CC. Those door post really help. My EC has always squeked. It is even more noticable with a trailer attached. I tightened up the latch system my self and this helped. I now just have to lube often.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm with Bronco. My EC 1500 would sqeak on rough roads or if it was uneven and the body was flexing. But it was fine most of the time. Mine were adjusted well and not out of alignment like you say yours are. I suspect a faulty or maladjusted latch.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine squeaked from new. Just bought a can of fluid film and lubed every hinge and latch point and never heard a squeak since. It was really annoying. The very first trip I took with the truck we couldn't stand it so we stopped and lubed it up and never heard anything since.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Anybody else have the headliner vibration? Right where the door hits the headliner-colored plastic trim piece. Any fix? Stupid extended cab...

Ty

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does the same thing......how can we fix this??????????????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts