Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some good pics of the back end squating when launching at the track?

Kinda like this,

Its a member of F150online, he only run's a 10.8

Edited by: STEEDA

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
with 4wd you don't want the rear end squatting

I'm pulling 1.6X 60' times on a good day, 1.7X on a bad day on 285 BFG AT's on the stock rims, stock suspensionEdited by: mtomac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
How much does that F150 weigh.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Obviously heavy duty suspension will make our trucks squat less than an F150.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Even a 2wd D/A with slicks and stock suspension won't lift the front end because the motor is too heavy. With some work to the rear suspension you might be able to get better weight transfer in a RC truck but not in a EC or CC, too much wheelbase.

BTW my truck's race weight is 6600#, I wonder how fast a lightning would be at that weight?Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Weight transfer on a 7,300 # CC SB 2WD is crap. The truck is sprung so heavy for working a load, not running the 1/4. You would need pull 2 or 3 leaf's and install a coil over to get the squat and weight transfer.

You can watch some of the videos of mine launching, the squat is barely there. I can get 1.7 to 1.9 sec 60' foots with no squat. Of course, those Fords squat like a ***** in heat with those crappy springs anyway.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Of course, those Fords squat like a ***** in heat with those crappy springs anyway.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Good guess STEEDA, according to this page a 99 Lightning weighs 4670lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.