Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thought about the sprinter, dodge, freightliner trucks. We are looking at a 3500 dual wheel with a refer. It has 175K on the clock and looks basically new. The refer is motor driven, with electric standby. So give me the lowdown. What's the life span of the drivetrain??

later

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think that engine is made by Mercedes-Benz. Their diesels are usually bullet-proof.

Nick

·
Registered
287 Posts
it is an excellent truck. 175 means nothing. hopefully maintained. i have used one first hand could not believe power. well thought out product. pay what the milage makes it for fair market value.175 is still 175 no matter what.good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
my bro in law had 2 of those for his cable business, has since sold the business so i cant chime in on the longevity but he said they handled really well and the mileage was unbelievably good . motor is a mercedes

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
my bro drives one for work, 265k on the clock and still chuggin. only serious problem to date was a blown turbo (dont know why) at 130k. other than that, runs great, good mileage and stands up to fleet abuse.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I have never really heard many complaints other than the mileage is so dam good!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I own one, and firmly believe it will still be chugging down the road long after my Dmax has had its day.

They are a bullet proof motor!

Turning radius of a honda accord!

in 110 countries around the world! Proven reliability!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts