Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
They get good write ups. Why dont you buy a smaller hk like a 40 or 357 sig. I have never tried the xd. I use a Kahr and it has never misfired/jammed. Its one semi-auto I really trust. I even run +p++ machinegun ammo through it.

kahr

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I'll check them out. There is a big gun show comming up so I am hoping to get a nice deal (fingers crossed). What exact model are you using if I may ask? Like you mentioned my .45 plenty of stopping power but believe a .40 will work very well for personal use.

Lenny

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have one, the 4" service 40 cal. OD green.. I carry it daily and love it.. I like it better than my glock..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tanner thanks for the input, I am still looking, couldn't make it to the gun show, I'll have to wait till next time around.

Lenny

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
MonteCarlo31,

My son-in-law bought one recently and I tried it. Now I gotta have one. They are VERY nice. His is the 5" model and that's what I'd go for. Should be able to pick one up for about $400.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve, I fired it today at a dealers range. Its a gotta have. Very top noch/value piece.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Better than a glock huh? I better check this out then..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I rent the XD in my range and they are holding up great, something I can't say for the HK's. I like the XD better than Glocks but I am a died in the wool 1911 fan and as long as I can, rarely carry anything else as a primary handgun.

PC I use a Kahr PM-9 frequently as a back up gun and occasional dinner gun when clothing requires. They hold up pretty well too.

If you guys want to know what guns last (or don't last) drop me a note. I rent or have rented lots of different ones at my range and it really is a torture test.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
1911..here is my New rollmarked Colt stainless.

Nice Pistol.. I am thinking about buying a Para P14-45 Limited I have heard nothing but great things about them, but havent had a chance to shoot one yet. Any of you guys had any experiences with them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts