Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this worked great for the mudflaps so I'll pose another one to you guys,

I'm looking into a spray in bed liner. Our work trucks have Rino and they've stood up great in the AZ sun for 4 years now never being under shade their hole life. I've heard so many good things but thought I'd hear if there are any general con's to them.

How much you guys paying for a spray in liner?

thanks again. (This is one a great site by the way.)

cmc

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
LINE-X

The finish is very tough and not as "Cottage Cheese" textured like some others.

Sorry, that's my opinion..............

The Line-X is sprayed on HOT, dry's in 3-5 seconds. It is very, very durable, in fact it stands up to my 3000 psi power washer.

It will fade a little from when it's new just because of the effects of the weather on it.

I should have had it sprayed over the rails, but did not. Looking back that's the only way to go no matter who's liner you go with.

I paid $365.00 with $20.00/Coupon ..........Shortbed-no rails

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had both, and prefer the Line-X. The finish is finer grained, the material has a higher tensile strength and the warranty is nation-wide versus local. That being said, if I didn't like the work of the local Line-X installer, I'd have gone with the Rhino again. The quality of the local installer's work is the most important thing to consider. I had mine done over the rails and it looks good.

Some simple green cleaner and a tire-wet type product will make them look like new if they get dirty and faded looking.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Line-X and paid 385 with repeat coupon. They sometimes put coupons up on their sites also.Edited by: dieselman

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
They now spray a clear coat or color coat to keep it from chalking/fading.

Its about 5 bills total.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Line-X.

I have had both Line-x and Rhino. Line-x holds up better IMHO. Tony, to keep the Line-X from fading and/or to bring the color back try Justonce @ www.justonce.com

The stuff works well on the dash and tires too.

My latest Line-X cost me $450 + $75 for over-the-rails on a long bed.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
THANKS,

I got a bottle of something from the LINE-X dealer when it was done, I do not want a slippery Line_X so I never used it.

It is under a tonneau cover now so the fading has stopped

T
NY

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I used Armour-Coat spray-in liner. Sprays on hot, drys in a couple of seconds and has held up well so far (3 years). Worked well on my old 94 CC dually also. $350 8ft bed, up to the bottom of the rails.

JP

·
Registered
511 Posts
Line-X

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was scheduled for a Line-X but was considering a Superliner. $375 for SWB UTR application, $40 for paint code color match, and $100-$200 for multicolored graphics and logos that can be added. Supposed to be tougher than Line-X and gauranteed for life not to fade or any defects. Here is the website www.bedliner.com

Anyone have experience with a Superliner?

·
Banned
394 Posts
line x is awesome.......

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I had Line-X installed at purchase in Green Bay, WI. Has been great for over 2 years. I like the durability and "stiffness" of the coating and especially like that it is hot-sprayed and really adheres. Being new to pickups, I had it done under-rail. When I took my camper cap off for some bodywork in November, I went to a local Line-X vendor in Toledo and had the rails done. With the concerns over box strength and thin sheetmetal on the rail tops I really like having the protection and strength of the Line-X on the rails. The Line-X guy in Toledo was surprised when I told him that my bed coating was over 2 years old, he thought it looked like new! Although I have no comparisons, I am totally pleased with my Line-X and would look no further for choices if I were to do it again today.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Line X all the way. I beat the snot out of mine throwing lumber, concrete pads, skids of salt or whatever contractor stuff i have to put in and not a gouge in it. I've had it for 2 1/2 years and still as good as new other than faded a bit. I'm going back and gettting the rails done as my checker plated rails have chipped the paint underneath, and prolly get the rockers done too. Hell might as welll do the whole truck.

My buddy got a Rhino about the same time i did and within a month or two it started peeling at the gate. Not saying Rhino is garbage, but alot has to do with the prep. and install.Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
160 Posts
One more for Line-x. When I did mine, I chucked the limp stock tailgate protector, and had them spray over the tailgate in the same area. They did a great job. Will send pics of the tailgate mod if anyone wants them. My truck is currently pictured on the last page of the lets see what your ride looks like in the 2500HD & 3500 trucks section. Its a rear shot, so you can see the application they did.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Never had a liner before this truck. I have Line-X and would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Speedliner nothern Kentuchy.. Approx+ $390 for my 03 SB D/A.. I am pleased as has a slight rubbery feeling and prevents things from sliding up and down the bed while traveling..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Line-X all the way, like it was said in an above post it would be great to do the whole truck. It might get a little heavy and create some serious wind resistance however.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts