Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this , think it's made by turtle wax . It's sort of a nozzle with a filter and a special soap .

·
Registered
235 Posts
i haven't used that brand but i have the mr clean spotfree system, it works as long as the filter is new and has maybe less than 5 or 6 uses (maybe my tap water is junk.) I tried it on my black 03 hd crew cab and i must say it worked well, you have to use the soap that is specified otherwise it doesn't work well.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I like my Mr. Clean

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't used that brand but i have the mr clean spotfree system, it works as long as the filter is new and has maybe less than 5 or 6 uses (maybe my tap water is junk.) I tried it on my black 03 hd crew cab and i must say it worked well, you have to use the soap that is specified otherwise it doesn't work well.
Mr Clean is the one I ment . Saw it at wally world for 20 bucks , do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I have the Mr Clean and it works well but I have not found a nozzle that does not leak all over the place.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feed back. Guess I'll give it a try , I need something for those quick winter washes so I remember what color it is .

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Spots are minerals contained in the water that is left behind after the water has evaporated. Rinsing with rain water works for me. I catch a 300 gal tank at a time behind my shop and pour in a bottle of Jet Dry (for dishwashers) for that squeaky clean, spot free shine. :grd:

·
Registered
546 Posts
The only problem with the Mr. Clean is that you have to make 100% sure you rinse the unfiltered water off with the filtered water and that can take some time on these big trucks. You're not going to get a good quality wash in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I get about 3 washes/filter, lots of junks in our water. Still clean windows afterwords da old fashion way.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I found them to be a waste of time and money.
The "spotless" rinse at the handwash place works good for a quickee, but the Mr.Clean just didn't cut it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean system on my black crew cab dually. No spots at all, I won't wash it without one, great product.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The only problem with the Mr. Clean is that you have to make 100% sure you rinse the unfiltered water off with the filtered water and that can take some time on these big trucks. You're not going to get a good quality wash in 10 minutes.
:exactly: I bought one of the original ones and it took forever to wash my truck the correct way with it. The filtered spray was just a trickle so I had to hold it on each section for minutes at a time to completely wash away all the unfiltered water. I finally got fed up with it and threw it away and went back to hand drying. IMHO hand drying was quicker. It did leave a spot free shine, but was very time consuming. The new one's may have a better spray now, but I thought the original one was junk! Just my 2 pennies! :)

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Received one as a Christmas present. Haven't tried it yet. Currently use Blue Coral or other automotive detergent. Bought a big soft bristle push broom and use it for scrubbing down the vehicle. Works great and takes about one-third the time to wash the whole thing. Let it air dry for a bit and then chamois. A little apprehensive about all the car wash devices but will try the Mr. Clean once or twice and see how it works. May be something to add to local landfill.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I too had one of the originals. The rinse took forever and I didn't like the residue it left on my paint. Went back to hand washing and drying. I'm sure they have improved some what since they were introduced. :)

In winter if it gets so bad I can't stand it anymore I'll stop at the quarter fed spray wash then dry it off in the garage, hit it with a little Meguiar's Quick Detailer and I'm good.

T

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
jet dry works great just put it in your wash bucket and wash and then spray it off but the best way to get a spot free wash is to not use a nozzle and the water just sheets of and makes drying a breeze

·
Registered
746 Posts
jet dry works great just put it in your wash bucket and wash and then spray it off but the best way to get a spot free wash is to not use a nozzle and the water just sheets of and makes drying a breeze
That's a good tip that I'll have to try next time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Mr. Clean worked great last summer if I pulled the truck out of the sun to let it dry. I'll have to try the Jet Dry trick this year...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mr. Clean, don't wash without it! Seriously, I have not dried a vehicle in a year, but the soap and filter are the keys. It has been a great product.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts