Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they all made the same or are there cheapies to avoid?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If Fram makes one you want to advoid that. But really, $7.50 - $8.00 for the real thing from that allison dealer, why use some thing else?

Jim

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
If Fram makes one you want to advoid that. But really, $7.50 - $8.00 for the real thing from that allison dealer, why use some thing else?

Jim
What's wrong with Fram, haven't heard anything that there are bad;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered a case from Nate at Performance Truck Products $90 a case or $7.50 each. IMO since he's a supporting vendor why not support him? You can also so get Oil filters at the same price, and I think there's free shipping special right now.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
What's wrong with Fram, haven't heard anything that there are bad;)
Fram Oil filters are junk as has been known for a long time. That's why they are so cheap as compared to AC and others. As for the Allison spin on, I'd recommend Allison brand always. Why risk an expen$ive Trans?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well Been Hearing Fram Filters Are Bad For A Couple Years..

How Ever I Have 41 Years Of Trouble Free Use From Them And Many Friends Who Use Them On A Daily Bases Professionally !!
But Then Some Folks Like Dodges And Fords And Swear Gm Is Junk!!

Arm

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, here's the highest quality cardboard and junk interior of your favorite filter. Good luck with those, you'll need it!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Even better, here's a comparison of the Fram to a "real" filter - AC/Delco:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
FRAMS are junk filters and i would never run them on anything.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Fram used to be a good brand, but no longer. I would go with Allison, AC Delco, Baldwin, or Wix

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Sure! only slightly used!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
My family uses NAPA Gold (Wix) almost exclusively on the entire fleet from lawnmowers to semi's, and we've never had one let us down to the best of my knowledge.

They may not be the absolute best in every application, but great quality overall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts