Diesel Place banner

Speedometer fix

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sp33d 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a programer that will just fix the speedometer from tire change. I have 35" tires and I am already running the juice I dont want to stack I just want to fix me speedo. I called a shop that caliabrates speedos but they want $325 ouch I can buy a programer/code reader for that.

Thanks

Shaydog

#2 ·
Might as well buy the Quad chip......eliminate top speed, erase codes, adjust for tires, and performance......and the bonus, if you decide to sell it, it isn't VIN locked like the others.

....and let's not forget....you can stack, if you feel like it..

#3 ·
Dipper

Can you do all those things and not change anything else becouse I want to be able to change those things but not reprogram anything I had a Superchip on my Suburban and you did not have a choice if you changed your tire size or gear size to fix your speedo it uploaded the new program as well I dont want that.

Thanks

Shaydog

#4 ·
You don't have to upload the performance program from the Quad if you don't want to. It asks you if you want to remove the governor (which you don't have to do), than it asks you for your tire size, than it asks you what power level, and one of the options is "Tire Calibration/Governor Only"

I have a Quad chip and I really like it. In fact, if I were to just buy any one chip right now for just a little extra power, I would buy the Quad 135hp (which has lower settings) so that I could adjust for tire sizes and I would have the performance. I haven't tried the Quad 135hp but I'll bet that it's just as good of a chip as the Juice, and it takes care of the tire issue...

Like I said though, you don't have to use the hp programming if you don't want it. For $590 or less, you can get the 135hp (for $445 or less you can get a 90hp) which is just a little more than you're going to spend to have it done anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.