Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have the dealership service department reprogram my '06 LBZ to compensate for larger than stock tire size? I'm trying to avoid spending $400+ for a programmer when all I want to accomplish is this correction.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
What size tires?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
there is no calibration for that size tech 2 only goes up to 265's. there is alist of avalible tire sizes on tech 2 but you would need to know rolling circumfrence of 285' and then try to find one similiar on the list.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Tech-2 only corrects the ABS computer.
To change the speedo you need a Predator, Bullydog, or $omething $imilar.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Depends on where it ties into. I would imagine it just takes the signal to the cluster and changes it. Just guessing though, really need to ask them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correction

Thanks Guys,
Contacted Tech Support at Granatelli. They say so long as the vehicle has a "Vehicle Speed Sensor" wire between the speedo and the computer, this product will work great. He was 99+ percent certain it does have that wire but recommended I confirm before placing the order. It comes with crimp connectors and attaches to the VSS wire.
According to him, it's "Programming For Dummies". . and it better be!:beerchug:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Thanks Guys,
Contacted Tech Support at Granatelli. They say so long as the vehicle has a "Vehicle Speed Sensor" wire between the speedo and the computer,
May or may not be 100% of what you want.
There absolutely is a VSS (aftermarket GPS systems tie into it), but I believe the odometer is controlled and stored in the ECU.

Think of it as an extended warranty :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
265 size

was at stealer to see about recal for 265/75 16 at this time there is no recal as per tech support .They say in two mounths time. Stealer did try with tec 2 . Odometer is out 2.3

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts