Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I want to do is recalibrate my speedo for the LT285/75r16 tires I put on. What's the cheapest way out, as far as a programer goes? If there would be a benefit of fuel economy with "this" particular unit that would be a plus.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I don't know if anyone just makes a programmer for recal of tires only. I would go with Hypertech. I've found this programmer for $310. They offer three different tuning levels up to 96hp, along with the tire recal. As far as fuel mileage goes, I gained about 1-1.5mpg. That was running on level 3 (96hp) all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scotty.........thanks for the reply. What you've described is about all I'm looking for and the price seems right.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Superlift has another company called Truspeed. They make a Speedometer correction module that is much cheaper than a Hypertech. It might be easier on the wallet.

Mark

·
Banned
449 Posts
Does the truspeed only correct the speedo, or does it correct the DIC as well??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out the BullyDog Power Pup.

Got mine from smokindiesel.com and I love it, using the 75 HP setting, Increased 3.8 mpg, and if you add 2" to the tire size it will come out dead on for the 285/75's. (Confirmed by my radar in my patrol car)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts