Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to the Gurus. If I correct the speedometer with the Predator (Stock tune) and hook up the J/A, what would be the tire correction number? In other words, if the speedometer is "correct" do I put in the 245 or the 265 that is on the J/A?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The same as far as I know the Additude corrections are only for the Additude .... The Predator or any like programmer corrects the ECM in order for proper cluster readings ...

Mac

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Attitude does not take the speed value and adjust it? Does it just take the revolutions that are counted and adjust from there?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one knows how the Attitude makes the conversion to calculate speed? I thought there was a constant that the Predator or Quad would change to apply to the number of rotations counted on the driveshaft. Basically, a multiplier to change the voltage sent to the speedometer. I assumed the Attitude did the same thing, but now think maybe it takes the rotations and applies its own factor with what Mac said. Anyone? ............... Bueler? ............ Bueler?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The Attitude does nothing for the dash readings, it only puts the correct reading on the Attitude display. A programmer corrects the dash readings but does nothing for the Attitude display. The math is pretty simple, you get 40 pulses per driveshaft revolution on the Allision unit, 3.73 axle and the tire diameter. From there you convert to miles per hour.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diesel Tech,

So the two displays are unreleated. If I use the Predator to correct the speedometer and put in the correct tire size on the Attitude, both should match. Right?

Chris

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
chuntag95 said:
Diesel Tech,

So the two displays are unreleated. If I use the Predator to correct the speedometer and put in the correct tire size on the Attitude, both should match. Right?

Chris

They are related since they both use the input from the same sensor but they are unrelated as to their outputs. Hope that makes sence. Yes, to your question about both displays should read the same thing IF the corrections are done properly.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diesel Tech,

Thanks!
Now I know what I need to do.

Chris

·
Registered
647 Posts
Chris,

From what I have been told simply correct the speed readout on the Attitude to the speed shwon in the dash and all is well. However this will not correct the cluster if you have bigger tires or differnent rearend. Only the predator can do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts