Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northern, OH, right on Lake Erie near Sandusky... the home of Cedar Point the amusement park... I was driving down to Columbus (which is in the middle of the state) for a George Strait concert... I was on I-71 and me and a Powerstroke were running together, or should I say he was trying to hang on... Anyway, I thought my speed limiter was set at around 95 or 97 and I hit 99 for quite awhile without it backing it down?? I didn't think the edge/attitude did anything for the speed limiter, but I was doing 99 with no backdown

Dan

·
Registered
647 Posts
I quess you got 2-4 miles more than others. Mine reliable reminds me of the 97 MPH limiter. Edited by: BassinRVer

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have read that it is 95 mph. Back in the days before the Stealth and Predator mine would always go to 97 or 98 then set there like I was running cruise control. But now, I don`t know what it is set at because it goes to 100 and the rpm continues to climb.

I have seen 3400 rpm in 5th gear running 285/75/16`s. And I rode with Mike Tomac and seen 3400+ 2-4 seconds after he had let off the go peddle. I am sure he had his at 3500-3600 that day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts