Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was some chat about Quadzilla making a handy tool to remove the speed limiter on the Dmax. What happen, is it in the works or not enough people interested in it? Sure would be nice to have something to do this I am stuck @ 14.26 @ 95mi in the 1/4 mi. and Juice has some to go. About 1000' it starts to defuel cause 95mi per hr is top speed.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I SEE THAT YOU ARE A 01 OWNER AS I AM. YOURE EITHER GOING TO NEED A REFLASHED ECM OR A PREDATOR AND POSSIBLY THE XCELLERATOR. THE QUAD,BULLY, TYPE TUNERS WILL NOT REMOVE THE LIMITER ON THE 01'S Edited by: PEANUTGRWR

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peanutgrwr,

I seen this post some time ago.... As you can see, Quadzilla was making some talk that he was going to come up with a tool to do this. Speed Limit RemoverEdited by: easymon4u

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
YES I REMEMBER THAT, BUT ACTUALLY I DONT KNOW IF IT WAS GOING TO BE FOR THE 02 AND NEW TRUCKS OR ALL OF THEM.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did this idea die?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
LOL I DUNNO REALLY, THEY HAVE BANNED QUAD FROM THIS SITE SO YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO CALL HIM TO FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN, BUT I HAVENT HEARD HIDE NOR HAIR OF IT SINCE THAT THREAD DIED

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Peanut...I will

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the new 110 tune and the tire cal. and limiter still don't work on my truck.

If I try to use them, the program won't load at all!

Now have problems with zinging the trans at 75-80 mph
. Did not have that with the old program.

Quad has been saying that he was going to work on a fix for the 01's since last September!

Lets face it they don't make the 01's now, just work on the new products (LLY). We (01' owners) are a dead market for them!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Funny you should post this subject. I am currently talking with a vendor that is looking into a "Basic Programmer" (no hp upgrades)as I type. He is getting it from Quad and it's suppose to work with the 01s. It is cheaper than other programmers as it only does the remove speed limiter, recalibrate tire changes and read/clear codes. No word yet on price, hopefully today. PM or e-mail me for info if you are interested.

JPEdited by: Heartbeat Hauler

·
Registered
87 Posts
Doesn't the Predator work on the 01s? I believe Superlift also has a module for recalibrating for tire changes for about $150.

I had the same problem with my 01, but decided to just get the Juice/Attitude since it appears to be the best and safest module out there for getting more (smoother) power.

After I installed it, I got a bonus I wasn't expecting. The Attitude also shows the correct speed for larger tires , so now I just look at its display if I need to know exactly how fast I'm going even though my speedo is still off. And my warranty will last longer!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want one of those that Heartbeat Hauler is talking about.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Heartbeat, you have a PM......I'm interested in one (if the price is right)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
COUNT ME IN

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Heartbeat Hauler,

Any word on that program yet? I'll take one right now!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late response, but my PC was throwin' codes..

Anyways, the guys that PM'ed me I have sent a response. The long and the short of it is I haven't heard from the guy yet. He said Quad was outta town and would return on Monday. Hopefully there will be some news soon.

JP

·
Registered
42 Posts
That would be a typical responce from someone waiting for a updated product, new product,return phone call ,email, pm, responce from Quad ,Sorry Unavailable.

From my reading here He's blowing smoke up your anus 01 Duramax owners,start looking for other options I would.Edited by: Reggie

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
IM THINKING ====HEAD TOTHE BORDER
, AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT TACO BELL EITHER

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Well fellas you were right. I just heard back and he talked with Quad and Quad has lost the desire to build this basic programmer. There was mention of ill feelings and I'll leave it at that. He did say that if there was enough interest he would cut you guys a deal on the full blown tuner....sorta like a group buy, but I said most guys wanted the basic tuner because they are already running a tuner of some sort. Anyways I said I would pass on the info for him and he can be reached at this e-mail address if interested:

[email protected]

The guy's name is Van. Sorry, I know it sucks I wanted one too. So what about the border...don't keep it to yourself.

Later, JPEdited by: Heartbeat Hauler

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Can you elaborate on FULL BLOWN TUNER ??

Is are they impling the fix is in for the 01 trucks ??

Mac

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Mackin said:
Can you elaborate on FULL BLOWN TUNER ??

Is are they impling the fix is in for the 01 trucks ??

Mac

YEA WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts