Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 01 D/A just about out of warranty, would like to eliminate speed limiter. Have juice/att. and stock ally, do not want more power ,just the ability to eliminate.Who makes a programer that does this,what speed on a 01, how much? Thanks,:grd: Mike.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
someone else can correct me if i'm wrong but I don't belive you can get rid of your speed limiter on the 01.

·
Registered
271 Posts
EFI Live.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
TTS, EFI, do it as well as the Predator and maybe the Quad.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I thought there was one other (could have sworn that it was the Pred). Do you know which one I am thinking of?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You have a 01.....to my knowledge TTS is the only one although EFI live may now? Ask the EFI live guys. Positive is you can sell your juice for some $$$. Since your about outa warantee A TTS tune and having it not able to go back to 100% stock isnt a big deal for you. Or the powerloader from TTS that is in the works will have some cool features. EFI live also has some real cool features.

Actually if EFI live will do it for you you may be able to find someone close to you with a comercial licesne for it that will remove your limiter for cheap?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
The Predator and Quad do not remove the limiter.
Scotty could you explain yourself a little better ... like I have the predator on my 02 and it DOES remove or change the limiter to what speed you want up to 125 mph i believe. Or more if you change tire size.
Or are you saying the predator won't work on a 01 , your statment needs to be defined a tad ...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Before EFI Live, only the TTS could do it. I've researched this over and over again, as I own a 2001. I even tried to persuade Banks to produce something for the 2001's that would bypass the speed limiter. At one point, PeterT from Banks told me that they MAY release something down the road, but that was over a year ago, so it looks like a "no go". I guess I'll live with it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Scotty could you explain yourself a little better ... like I have the predator on my 02 and it DOES remove or change the limiter to what speed you want up to 125 mph i believe. Or more if you change tire size.
Or are you saying the predator won't work on a 01 , your statment needs to be defined a tad ...
Sorry, I'm talking only about the 2001 models. The Predator, along with the Bullydog Powerpup and several others, WILL on the 2002 and later models, but WILL NOT on the 2001's.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Sorry, I'm talking only about the 2001 models. The Predator, along with the Bullydog Powerpup and several others, WILL on the 2002 and later models, but WILL NOT on the 2001's.
Thanks Scotty , I learned something today. Wasn't aware that the 01 was not capable of this feature.
thanks again.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Diablosport Predator on 2001 DMax D/A and it allows bump of speedlimiter up to maximum of 110mph.

To me, it seems like there is a sudden but mild decrease in pulling power once at 97mph, but it does go up to 110mph; just seems like it pulls back performance somewhat at stock speedlimit point.

I mainly got the Predator for speedlimit removal; have Hot Edge Juice on level 4 (max) and the Predator on level 2; next move someday will be some box that REMOVES speedlimit without any power reduction at 97mph, and allows me to get rid of these 2 boxes.
Sounds like TTS Extreme is best/most powerful box in actual dragraced trucks now, but threads like this help me find out if they REALLY remove speedlimiter on our 2001's.

2001 2500 HD D/A, Edge Hot Juice, Diablosport Predator, Suncoast V with Velocity converter, K&N filter/intake, Banks 4" exhaust
13.71 @ 99.8mph quartermile; 0-60 5.37 seconds

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
We have had some success with the EFILive and removing the speed limiter on the 2001 trucks. I still would like to get together with a 2001 truck for some additional testing. Any one near Magic Mountain in SoCal?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have Diablosport Predator on 2001 DMax D/A and it allows bump of speedlimiter up to maximum of 110mph.

To me, it seems like there is a sudden but mild decrease in pulling power once at 97mph, but it does go up to 110mph; just seems like it pulls back performance somewhat at stock speedlimit point.

I mainly got the Predator for speedlimit removal; have Hot Edge Juice on level 4 (max) and the Predator on level 2; next move someday will be some box that REMOVES speedlimit without any power reduction at 97mph, and allows me to get rid of these 2 boxes.
Sounds like TTS Extreme is best/most powerful box in actual dragraced trucks now, but threads like this help me find out if they REALLY remove speedlimiter on our 2001's.
I recall several others having success with the Pred. I don't recall anyone else reporting downgrade in preformance though. I would doubt that the downgrade of performance is actually assoicated with the OEM speed limit setting and would suspect that you are either running out of fuel or air at that point (or experiencing some other physical or performance programming attribute). That it occurs at 97mph has got to be a coincidence and not realated to the fact that the removed OEM speed limiter is set at that point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am going to retract my thought on performance being cut back with Predator at 97mph for now, last time up there it seemed fine/no cutback...don't get up there much on roads :) but it does get up to 110mph.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah, I've tried predator and Quad both and I still shut off at around 110 even with bigger tires. ATS even said that they had bypassed it by running a wire from the speedo to somewhere (I hope someone knows as I'd like to verify this if it works.) I'm thiking even this mod doesnt work on 01's?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If you are looking seriously at needing this for racing there was an easy mod posted that had to do with switching off the speedo I think.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know there used to be, I thought it was Mackins but now I cant find it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts