Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with tires 35" & up, what do you do in terms of a spare? get something skinny in a 16" that fits or do you just go without and hope nothing happens in the middle of nowhere?

I could just see my wife giving me a :mad: if I had these nice new 35" tires and rims and forgot to get a spare of some kind.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a full size H2 spare under my truck and it fits under the truck just fine. I also have dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have full size h2 under truck with duel exhaust also, pics are in garage

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I guess I don't have to worry.

·
Diesel Enthusiast, Member #1000
52 Posts
I have a Mag-Hytec rear diff cover and there was no way the H2 wheels with BFG 315/70/17 would fit between the diff cover and hitch assembly

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I have 20x10 wheels with 325/60/20 (35") tires and would like to know if I could put a bigger tire on my spare rim?

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
LarryJewell;1592211; said:
I have full size h2 under truck with duel exhaust also, pics are in garage
It looks like your diff is leaking.

Reel World;1592857; said:
I have a Mag-Hytec rear diff cover and there was no way the H2 wheels with BFG 315/70/17 would fit between the diff cover and hitch assembly
Is the Hytec that much bigger or is it just naturally a very tight fit?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have 5" exhaust and a 255-85x16 spare and it barely fits. I wish I could put an H2 tire/wheel as a spare, but it won't fit in my application.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
wilsonck;1591089; said:
just go without and hope nothing happens in the middle of nowhere?
That's the option I'm going with. Rah Rah Triple A!!! I've used it twice in the last month. :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FastCR;1593926; said:
That's the option I'm going with. Rah Rah Triple A!!! I've used it twice in the last month. :D

I can't stand waiting or depending on someone else though....

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
wilsonck;1594206; said:
I can't stand waiting or depending on someone else though....
Yeah, the wait can be killer, but AAA is really good about customer satisfaction. If the truck doesn't show up when it's supposed to, they get on their ***. Of course, I never have anything really important to do, so it's not that big of a deal for me to wait.
Also, you can always limp to a tire shop on one smaller front tire. It would just suck if it was a back tire, then you'd have to swap one front one onto the back, and put the spare on the front. Wouldn't be good to run for very long either...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts