Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get the 15 dollar spare tire lock on my new 2500HD. From what I have read it appears that is usless if some POS decides to steal my spare tire. I have noticed some spare tire locks on the net that lock onto to the shaft near the spare tire. Has anyone got any good suggestions on a great locking system for the spare tire?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
What are the odds of someone stealing a spare tire? Ive never heard of one getting stolen.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They took the under hood light and gave us a spare tire lock. I would rather they still my spare tire than have to hold a flash light and work on my truck at the same time. Just my .02.
Mike

·
Registered
843 Posts
you can just buy one from the dealer and have them code it to match your key. I just did last week. I can get the part number if you would like. It is just a deterent, but may keep a $500 tire and wheel combo (285 and Hummer wheel) from being stolen. just some cheap insurance:eek::

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've heard of Tailgates stolen from trucks and my neighbor had his drivers side door stolen from his older F150 one night. Really Sucks!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
That really sucks!!!!

my neighbor had his drivers side door stolen from his older F150 one night.
Man, how would you like to come out to the truck to go somewhere, and find a door gone?

That's a new one on me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
...a door stolen, I live in Chicago and thought I had seen it all.

We came out from dinner one day and saw a couple of guys lowering my friends spare. We yelled and they ran. He quickly bought a COUPLE of locks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts