Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be putting on some 305/65/18 bfg all terrains and am wanting to also get a larger spare since this tire is close to a 34 and the stock spare is only a 31. so what would u suggeset for a spare? only ideas i have at the moment is putting 285 bfg all terrains in a e load, mayb a 295 and mounting on stock wheel. or getting a h2 wheel and getting a 285 or 305.

any ideas or input?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
In 16 years I have never needed a spare tire. I have the stock spare and I figure if I ever do need it I will be forced to put it on the front. It's maybe not the best solution but it is what I chose to do.

·
Registered
665 Posts
A 255/85/16 is over 33 inches tall. I have a BFG MT tire in that size that I use as a spare for my 295/75/16 tires. The diameter is almost exactly the same, but the narrower width of the 255 means it doesn't hang down so low when stowed under the box.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also have never needed a spare tire. but better safe than sorry, but i agree if i had to i could just mount one on the front to get me where i needed to be.

i think if i do decide to get one it would have to be a narrower 33-34 like the 255/85/16 on the stock wheel which would be cheaper or a 295 on a 17" H2. just wish BFG offered that size in a all terrain in an e load.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure you could fab up a swinagway tire carrier on a after market rear bumper...

And you've never need a spare tire with your YJ? All mud?!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have an h2 with 315/70/17 bf goodrich hanging under the truck, pics in garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts