Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
able to keep track of bulletin 66 which now has the url of 55 (go figure) regarding the spare blue wire to 7 way connector for brake actuation:

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/320/Bulletin_55.pdf

but this bulletin doesn't recommend a spare circuit for the 30 amp load anticipated with 3 or 4 axles or the location of ground bus ideal for dash install.

from another thread I note that the cold side of the brake light switch should be white wire. I can trace that from the switch itself annyway, but I wonder if using a proportional controller how to deal with the engine brake scenario. I've never been aware that the engine brake actuates the stop lights although it hits a light on the dash so in theory it would be possible but I don't think from nighttime driving that it is implemented.

but maybe it wouldn't be bad to have a small proportion of trailer braking when the engine brake activates. just thinking outloud on that. be quite happy if I know where to tap power and ground conveniently at the front of the truck.

can't see my signature while making thread, but i've got 2006 and 2007 GMC 5500s

thanks, brian

·
Registered
953 Posts
I can tell you the exhaust brake actuation doesn't activate the brake lights, so there for it would not activate the trailer brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts