Diesel Place banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Duramax Tuner (Jack of Spades) NO LONGER does delete tunes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our tunes are not smokey at all. You can expect all 5 tunes on the Spade to not smoke even when full throttle.

Some people request smoke tunes and we will do that for them if they understand the problems it can cause. -Bob
I just ordered a spade tuner for my 2002 lb7 with the Zf6speed and I am wondering how I get smoke tunes for it just in the higher levels like 4 and 5

·
LLY Guy
11,953 Posts
I just ordered a spade tuner for my 2002 lb7 with the Zf6speed and I am wondering how I get smoke tunes for it just in the higher levels like 4 and 5
You don’t. Idiots rolling around blowing smoke is part of what got us to where we are now.
You want smoke, take your intercooler piping off.
Otherwise enjoy a clean burn and good power generation.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Buy a Ford diesel (y) if your so hell bent for smoke.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Considering you just joined 11 hours ago, you might search back several years the subject of black smoke tunes and the legal issues they cause.
You can do what you want, no one really cares, it’s just not something to discuss on pretty much every forum.
Why don’t you ask the company your getting your spade from, I do know they’ll probably laugh their asses off when you ask.

Reactions: Toolbox58

·
Registered
4 Posts
Considering you just joined 11 hours ago, you might search back several years the subject of black smoke tunes and the legal issues they cause.
You can do what you want, no one really cares, it’s just not something to discuss on pretty much every forum.
Why don’t you ask the company your getting your spade from, I do know they’ll probably laugh their asses off when you ask.
Thank you, I saw it said we can make special request for off-road purposes. I didn’t look at the dates to see how old this thread is so I just asked on where I could find one for off-road purposes 👍🏼

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Thank you, I saw it said we can make special request for off-road purposes. I didn’t look at the dates to see how old this thread is so I just asked on where I could find one for off-road purposes 👍🏼
The EPA pretty much shut down even off road stuff your looking for, one possible exclusion proving that the vehicle is not registered for highway driving only off road.
So many talked and bragged about custom tuning, enough where EPA planted people as members to try to catch people and companies offering what's considered illegal tuning.
Several companies was fined several thousands of $, forced to shut down loosing their business.
This is why this is a sore subject.
Smoke tunes isn't good for even Furds, let alone any other diesel, never any good ending results.
Smoke tunes caused a lot of problems cop having a hayday writing tickets, even problems for the majority just wanting basic tuning because of this.

Reactions: Toolbox58

·
LLY Guy
11,953 Posts
In case your new to the diesel world, blowing black smoke is often deeply frowned upon and considered irresponsible and childish.
Your truck is becoming somewhat rare. The ZF is a nice and not often found option, wouldn’t want to hurt the truck doing silly things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The EPA pretty much shut down even off road stuff your looking for, one possible exclusion proving that the vehicle is not registered for highway driving only off road.
So many talked and bragged about custom tuning, enough where EPA planted people as members to try to catch people and companies offering what's considered illegal tuning.
Several companies was fined several thousands of $, forced to shut down loosing their business.
This is why this is a sore subject.
Smoke tunes isn't good for even Furds, let alone any other diesel, never any good ending results.
Smoke tunes caused a lot of problems cop having a hayday writing tickets, even problems for the majority just wanting basic tuning because of this.
Alright thanks for the heads up and a good explanation

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.