Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the spade jack tuner??? I just ordered 1 today and hope I didn't jump the gun and mess up!!!! Is it any good, insight....?????

·
Registered
42 Posts
You'll be happy with it...most are with duramax tuner. All though I would of personally choose Rob or Tony or Kory or Bob before Nick.

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
Moved to first gen electronics

·
Registered
353 Posts
Glasinski,

I can personally guarantee we can offer the best customer service out there and the truck will drive/perform as good if not better than anything on the market. I write all the tunes and will help you dial anything in on the truck you need. We also have 10 people working here to ensure you get everything you need. -Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glasinski,

I can personally guarantee we can offer the best customer service out there and the truck will drive/perform as good if not better than anything on the market. I write all the tunes and will help you dial anything in on the truck you need. We also have 10 people working here to ensure you get everything you need. -Bob
You guys do some good tuning it seems from a few trucks I've rode in. But when I found out you guys did smoke tunes I lost a little respect for you guys.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I got the spade tuner installed and it is awesome!!! my only complaint is that it is very easy to throw the transmission into limp mode I have done it twice now once in race tune and also in sport tune! does anyone have any advice for me??????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah turn it down lol. What HP tunes you get? Might have to move the clock ring so you can't use the bigger tunes lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the tunes supplied from duramaxtuner.com it goes economy, heavy tow, light tow, sport, and stock trans race. 60hp, 40hp, 80hp, and 100hp for the race tune. someone told me to drive it for awhile and the computer and tranny will self adjust to the tunes, is this true???? and should I just leave it in optimized stock economy tune????

·
Registered
353 Posts
glasinski,

The torque converter must have some wear and tear on it. How many miles are on the trans?

The 100hp tune in most cases is not going to throw the trans in limp mode unless the trans has either high miles or hard miles on it. I would recommend running tune 4 most of the time, or locking the truck out of O/D in the race tune.

As for the trans relearning I would give it 100-200 miles of mixed driving to completely learn the new tunes. It may hold the bigger tune a little better after that but if its limpimg it easily I wouldnt expect and miracles :)

Id be more than happy to turn the race tune down for you and email you that update if you would like. -Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob,
my truck is an lb7 04, it has 138,000 miles I bought it with 115,000 on it and come to find out there are holes on the pillar and down below where there previously was some kind of tuner installed so probably has been hard miles. but with that said I don't want to lower the horsepower on the race tune lol. its fine when I tear into it from a lower gear and speed, but it went to limp mode when I hammered down already going 50 or 60 mph! I have been going somewhat easy trying to get a feel for it. is it a bad idea to run it in the higher hp tow tune all the time????

·
Registered
353 Posts
Like I said the higher gears are where the trans is weaker so its not hard on it to run the big tune unless you get it into the higher gear and speeds. That is when the torque converter takes the most stress.

My recommendation would be either to lock the trans out of O/D or just to take it out of the big tune when running it into high gear and high speeds. -Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
You guys do some good tuning it seems from a few trucks I've rode in. But when I found out you guys did smoke tunes I lost a little respect for you guys.:(
Hey Bob I just ordered your spade jack, are these tunes real smokey? If so can you change that up so there is no smoke?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Our tunes are not smokey at all. You can expect all 5 tunes on the Spade to not smoke even when full throttle.

Some people request smoke tunes and we will do that for them if they understand the problems it can cause. -Bob

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think the tunes from duramaxtuner are very good! I am very impressed with mine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love my tunes from duramaxtuner. The heavy tow tune is awesome. I tow my 10,000 lb. 35' 5th wheel with ease. The heavy tow tune performs amazingly when going over steep grades and mountain passes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts