Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Directions to Diesel Performance Motorsports (120-C Park West Drive McDonough, GA, Tel: (770) 898-8585 or (866)898-8585) from the I-285 / I-75 Intersection:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=385 align=center bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top bgColor=#f9f9f0>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=33>6: </TD>
<TD class=narrative width=282>Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the I-285 E ramp.</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=80>0.48 miles</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f9f9f0 colSpan=5>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#666666 colSpan=5>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=5>
</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=33>
7: </TD>
<TD class=narrative width=282>Merge onto I-75 S toward MACON.</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=80>20.06 miles</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
8: </TD>
<TD class=narrative width=282>Take the GA-20/ GA-81 exit- exit number 218- toward MCDONOUGH/ HAMPTON.</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=80>0.33 miles</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>
9: </TD>
<TD class=narrative width=282>Turn LEFT onto GA-81/ GA-20/ HAMPTON MCDONOUGH RD.</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=80>0.25 miles</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
10: </TD>
<TD class=narrative width=282>Turn RIGHT onto OLD INDUSTRIAL BLVD.</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD class=narrative align=right width=80>0.51 miles</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>

· Registered
602 Posts
For your info .... just got off the phone from talking with the campground recommended earlier in this thread ... was told that the 25th falls on a NASCAR race weekend and there that motels and campgrounds anywhere close to Atlanta would probably already be booked .... Jim

· Registered
96 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The SE just doesn’t seem to be the bastion of Dmax enthusiasts that so many other areas of the country are. I guess we’ll just have to keep promoting our good weather and economy and hope many of you ‘all will move here and bring them Dmax’s with ya!

If you know any SE Dmax owners send them a link to this GTG so us SE’rs don’t have to drive to you ‘all. Thanks!

2DAMAX

· Registered
539 Posts
Well. I'm here in the SE. Charleston, S.C. to be exact. I see a lot of 2500's around but not many DMAX's.

I've tried to find a few people interested in getting together when Howie E has come through town and no one ever answers. I think I'm alone here. I can hear the echo sometimes.

I don't have the time off to travel anywhere for the time being so we just can't make a trip for a GTG that's not a 1 day thing.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Larry,

We will keep working on it and trying to build interest. I see plenty of Duramax trucks around where I am but maybe they just don't have the bug like us on the forums. I reckon a healthy dose of Juice would cure that plenty quick.

I think that the upcoming dyno day is going to be a fun event and that if we can get some track type events for people to run the 1/4 interest will start ramping up. I have run plenty of other vehicles at the track but it is just amazing to be able to say: "My tow truck is faster than your race car" and most of the spectators get a real kick out of watching the diesels run.

I will keep trying to coordinate events and if you guys want to PM or EM me I can build a distribution list via email to alert of upcoming events.

Thanks,

BMDMAX

· Registered
96 Posts
2DAMAX

We are working on it up here in Tennessee. I will PM BMDMAX to keep up dated on events. Maybe we can try something in the early spring when everyone wants to get out of their cabin
after our extremly cold winters down here!

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I thought I better post this in both threads about our dyno day this Saturday,

Dyno Day Info update,

I just spoke with the folks down at Diesel Performance Motorsports so here's the scoop. They plan on starting at 8:00am but expect their lot to be filled up by then so show up early if you can. They will be providing all the food and drinks, including beer for most and even a few diet drinks for wimps like me! They will run from 8am til dark.

Now for the bad news. If you are disappointed, so am I but they said they will only be running the HP numbers as they've been having problems with the optical sensor so no torque numbers. (Did Tomac do the breaking of their dyno? That's what a birdie told me). They didn't commit to it but a discount was mentioned to make up for it. We'll see how they treat us on that one.

Also, they do not have a Tech-2 so if you've got one and can bring it that would be great!

Better to let you 'all know the bad news now than after driving in. We hope this doesn't keep anyone from attending as numbers are only part of the reason for getting together. Meeting & getting to know each other, puttin a face to a handle, havin fun and beatin up on the Furd and Dodges folks is also a lot it's about too!!

PM me if you need anything else.

2DAMAX

· Registered
7,877 Posts
Wish I could make it still working to build honey do credit account up again after Dallas Dyno permission slip, plus hunting season is on again here soon also. I've found a dyno here on the Gulf Coast in Mobile Al but no optical tach he does gasser cars normally, if we could build enough interest on the coast for a day's outing maybe I could convince him to buy the optical tach needed for Diesel torque readings.

· Registered
353 Posts
Hey guys, I am gonna be there. Can't stay all day my sone has a football game but I will get there early.

What REALLY sucks is I got my [email protected] wheels today but I have to wait on the tires for a few more days..

Anyone want a deal on a set of Chrome H2 wheels? I have a set that I can bring if you want..Let me know. [email protected]

· Registered
353 Posts
ALOMST time guys!! We still on?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.