Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoot,

I am originally from Bucks County PA myself. Moved to Orlando in 81 then to Atlanta area in 88. They call folks that do that half backs!! It's too hot in Florida so we move half way back North to NC or N GA mountains. My work would allow me to live anywhere on the planet, literally, and we choose here. Plus the Atl airport is great for travel!

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deer season opened here in Georgia last week but I would still like to meet and get to know some other Dmax guys down here in the grand ole Southeast.

Does anyone know of any Dyno down our way that we could have a dyno day or somethin?

Any other ideas?

2DAMAX

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BMDMAX said:
There is a diesel shop with a dyno in McDonough, GA that we could do it at. They have a Dynojet setup that I ran my truck on. The prices for the runs are really reasonable and they are a great crew.

If anyone is interested let me know so I can see about setting something up.

I was also thinking about a monthly meeting type club for the Atlanta and surrounding areas. If you can get a good group of folks together it can be a blast. How about M.A.D.D.O.G.s (Metro Atlanta Duramax Diesel Owners Group) ?

BMDMAX,

I like the name, don't know if that is representative of the entire S.E. but could definitely work as a local chapter.

We should do a poll to see who can attend. Do you have/know the available dates for the dyno at the diesel shop. If you get some available dates I'll start the poll and we can get movin on a SEGTG.

We can also poll for a monthly meeting time and place. Any thoughts on where and when to kick one off?

I'm in!

2DAMAX

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BMDMAX,

Great, we can poll as soon you get available dates. I will be at the Car Show & Swap meet in Carlisle, PA the weekend of 10/5 but if others can make it then they should post or PM you on where to meet.

Newnan off I-85 sounds good, do you have a kick off date for a first local meeting of the M.A.D.D.O.G.S.? From your experience with other clubs, is there a Saturday of the month, i.e., the second Saturday of each month, that works best?

How does this sound to others in the SE. How would Newnan (monthly) or Silver Dollar Dragway (10/5) Reynolds, GA just W of Warner Robins sound? Let us know if you're interested and keep checking in for dates and a poll to determine dates.

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The SE just doesn’t seem to be the bastion of Dmax enthusiasts that so many other areas of the country are. I guess we’ll just have to keep promoting our good weather and economy and hope many of you ‘all will move here and bring them Dmax’s with ya!

If you know any SE Dmax owners send them a link to this GTG so us SE’rs don’t have to drive to you ‘all. Thanks!

2DAMAX

· Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I thought I better post this in both threads about our dyno day this Saturday,

Dyno Day Info update,

I just spoke with the folks down at Diesel Performance Motorsports so here's the scoop. They plan on starting at 8:00am but expect their lot to be filled up by then so show up early if you can. They will be providing all the food and drinks, including beer for most and even a few diet drinks for wimps like me! They will run from 8am til dark.

Now for the bad news. If you are disappointed, so am I but they said they will only be running the HP numbers as they've been having problems with the optical sensor so no torque numbers. (Did Tomac do the breaking of their dyno? That's what a birdie told me). They didn't commit to it but a discount was mentioned to make up for it. We'll see how they treat us on that one.

Also, they do not have a Tech-2 so if you've got one and can bring it that would be great!

Better to let you 'all know the bad news now than after driving in. We hope this doesn't keep anyone from attending as numbers are only part of the reason for getting together. Meeting & getting to know each other, puttin a face to a handle, havin fun and beatin up on the Furd and Dodges folks is also a lot it's about too!!

PM me if you need anything else.

2DAMAX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.