Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Would anyone be interested in a get together in the Souteast? I live between Atlant and Chattanooga but would be open to anywhere in SE!
Good to see you got your registration worked out Alan. Nice area to live in down there. If I ever move it will definately be to warmer climates.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We live just south of Raleigh and would be very interested. Attended Terry's Northeast Gettogether in Conn. last year and really enjoyed it so we are glad to hear of interest in putting together one closer to home ... Jim

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
there is a big diesel drag this weekend in georgia, i live in coastal nc and would be open to a meet and greet,maybe we could set up a dyno day or get together at a drag track....jess

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoot,

I am originally from Bucks County PA myself. Moved to Orlando in 81 then to Atlanta area in 88. They call folks that do that half backs!! It's too hot in Florida so we move half way back North to NC or N GA mountains. My work would allow me to live anywhere on the planet, literally, and we choose here. Plus the Atl airport is great for travel!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Jess,

Where & when is the diesel drag being held in GA this weekend?

2DAMAX
commerce ga.check the dhra for exact location,i am not sure i even spelled it right.my brother is heading down tommorrow il recheck on the local....jess

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I live about 50 miles SE of New Orleans but will travel.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deer season opened here in Georgia last week but I would still like to meet and get to know some other Dmax guys down here in the grand ole Southeast.

Does anyone know of any Dyno down our way that we could have a dyno day or somethin?

Any other ideas?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in West TN and wouldn't mind driving to an event.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
There is a diesel shop with a dyno in McDonough, GA that we could do it at. They have a Dynojet setup that I ran my truck on. The prices for the runs are really reasonable and they are a great crew.

If anyone is interested let me know so I can see about setting something up.

I was also thinking about a monthly meeting type club for the Atlanta and surrounding areas. If you can get a good group of folks together it can be a blast. How about M.A.D.D.O.G.s (Metro Atlanta Duramax Diesel Owners Group) ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
BMDMAX said:
There is a diesel shop with a dyno in McDonough, GA that we could do it at. They have a Dynojet setup that I ran my truck on. The prices for the runs are really reasonable and they are a great crew.

I was also thinking about a monthly meeting type club for the Atlanta and surrounding areas. If you can get a good group of folks together it can be a blast. How about M.A.D.D.O.G.s (Metro Atlanta Duramax Diesel Owners Group) ?

I live in western Kentucky, but I will be approximately 75 miles south of McDonough in Fort Valley for the Thanksgiving weekend. I know that may be a bad time for everyone, but I would be game. Most likely though, my truck will still be stock as I am supposed to take delivery around October 20. I would definitely like to check out some of the mods other people have performed on their trucks though.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Blue,

Thanksgiving might be tough for folks. With enough interest we probably could do multiple events. I would like to have at least several weeks advance so people can plan for it. If enough people let me know I will do the legwork to make it happen.

Also to note, there is open racing going on in Renyolds, GA at the Silver Dollar Raceway on October 5th. The event is all test and tune and is being put on by an Atlanta Mustang club. I ran my truck at the last one and it was a good time. Details can be found at: http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/ Let me know if anyone might be there so I can look for you and let's show the Mustang boys what a diesel can do!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BMDMAX said:

BMDMAX,

I like the name, don't know if that is representative of the entire S.E. but could definitely work as a local chapter.

We should do a poll to see who can attend. Do you have/know the available dates for the dyno at the diesel shop. If you get some available dates I'll start the poll and we can get movin on a SEGTG.

We can also poll for a monthly meeting time and place. Any thoughts on where and when to kick one off?

I'm in!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
2DAMAX,

I will call them tomorrow to get some available dates. I know he has his show on the road for the Michigan dyno event coming up in October so we have to work around that.

For the local meet I am open to suggestions. I am in the Newnan area on the South side. From experience with other clubs I think we need to find a place near the Interstate to make it easy for folks to get there and if they have a deck type area we can take over for a few hours.
There is a Hooters (They usually like the car clubs) near me right on the Newnan exit on I-85 South that may work. Good parking, etc. I would have to check with them to see if they are sympathetic to our cause. What do you think?

Can you make it to Reynolds for some racing?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BMDMAX,

Great, we can poll as soon you get available dates. I will be at the Car Show & Swap meet in Carlisle, PA the weekend of 10/5 but if others can make it then they should post or PM you on where to meet.

Newnan off I-85 sounds good, do you have a kick off date for a first local meeting of the M.A.D.D.O.G.S.? From your experience with other clubs, is there a Saturday of the month, i.e., the second Saturday of each month, that works best?

How does this sound to others in the SE. How would Newnan (monthly) or Silver Dollar Dragway (10/5) Reynolds, GA just W of Warner Robins sound? Let us know if you're interested and keep checking in for dates and a poll to determine dates.

·
Registered
96 Posts
October has filled up for me!

November could be a maybe! If we do it, would like to know about a campground. Could have some of the stuff there, hoods up ect.

Was thinking about a trip to Stone Mountain anyway!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Second the need for campground info .... hope all this works out ... Jim

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
OK, here are some dates, but bear in mind that these have not been confirmed yet.

Saturday, October 25th - This is a possible day for just Dmax owners if we get enough folks together.

Or

The first weekend in November (I don't know if this would be Saturday the 1st or Saturday the 8th) but they are planning on an all brand diesel dyno event to be held at the shop.

I am still waiting to get confirmation of dates from them. The cost would be $65.00 per truck for three pulls each on the dyno.

Preliminary campground info indicates that this is in the area:

http://www.atlantasouthrvresort.com/

Close to the Interstate just 30 minutes from downtown Atlanta, we're easy to find and a fun and friendly place to stay.

Heading North

I-75 North to EXIT 222 (Jodeco Road). LEFT over bridge. LEFT at Chevron Station to Mt. Olive Road. Follow black top road to Atlanta South RV Resort at 281 Mt. Olive Road.

Heading South

I-75 South to EXIT 222 (Jodeco Road). RIGHT to Jodeco Road and immediate LEFT at Chevron Station to Mt. Olive Road. Follow black top road to Atlanta South RV Resort at 281 Mt. Olive Road.

If possible everyone chime in on what date sounds better and if possible let me know about racing on the 5th at Reynolds.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Saturday October 25th it is for the all diesel event.

Here are the details from the shop:

Shoot for the shop day to be the 25th of October. When we do a shop day, we cook hamburgers and hang out. It really is a fun time.

The shop day would put zero pressure on you for a turn out. As long as the Chevy guys don't have a problem hanging out with a bunch of Dodge guys and Ford guys we'd be fine. (tip tell the chevy guys "lets see who can put out the most power with the least amount of smoke... LOL) Anyway, if you think we can do it, let's plan on it.

I hope that we can get a strong showing of GM guys for the event. Please let me know if you can attend!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.